Sign in to follow this  
vidha

spawning X aircraft based on reg

I have noticed a bug in the later versions. Previously, the aircraft with no callsign spawned based on reg number, if the reg number was found for that particular air-frame. 

If no reg number was found, it only spawned once the callsign appeared.

Now in latest version the ac spawns with the log showing =x= even if no callsign or reg number is found, I think this is a bug.

Edited by kiek

What data provider are you using?

Had the same happen before using realtraffic, the Reg showed up on the realtraffic screen and a couple of seconds later the aircraft type spawned in white or manufacturer colors in P3D V5. Usually by then realtraffic had recieved the callsign but only a restart of psx changes to the correct textures.

I dont know if it got anything to do with the aircraft type but it seemed to happen more frequently with A20N and A350, maybe their transponders start sending out only the registration and then switching to callsign after a couple of seconds.

2 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

I dont know if it got anything to do with the aircraft type but it seemed to happen more frequently with A20N and A350, 

Maybe your A20N and A350 aircraft liveries have not enough regcodes.

The  matching upon registration code without having a callsign only works if the wanted regcode is available at your end.

For all: How it works: if the callsign is missing but there is a registration code, PSXT will look up airline + type from its administration based on regcodes (airline was still empty too because the airline is deduced from the callsign). If available the callsign becomes equal to the regcode, and normal matching of a livery takes place, returning a livery based on regcode.

If the registration lookup did not succeed the livery will be skipped. Hopefully later in time the callsign  shows up in the real traffic data.

Edited by kiek

21 minutes ago, kiek said:

If the registration lookup did not succeed the livery will be skipped

In my case, this is how it used to be (I think). However, yesterday I experienced again the follwing.

SE- regged NAX flight from ENGM, no callsign only reg - was matched with a Air Maroc 737, log showing -x-

Many LN- NAX aircraft have been re-registered in swedish register lately, and my ATC-ID= in flightsim section is not all updated.

I think this is not the correct behaviour. If no reg is found, the Air Maroc should not be spawned. About a minute later, the traffic stream had a callsign of NAX, but still the RAM 737 taxied and took off.

If no matched reg, there should be no ac spawned until a callsign identifying the airline apperar in traffic stream.

3 hours ago, kiek said:

What data provider are you using?

I am using Realtraffic

Edited by vhaaland

1 hour ago, vhaaland said:

Many LN- NAX aircraft have been re-registered in swedish register lately, and my ATC-ID= in flightsim section is not all updated.

That might be the problem. Could you post the part of the log with the air maroc =x= match line? What is the call sign? If it is a regcode could you check in your AI_liveries.xml and or in the data/regcodes.xml what aircraft it supposed to be?

Note that PSXT only corrects the call sign when the new aircraft is still in the buffer ( the first three data samples , so about 30 seconds). After the livery is created in the sim, it remains the same.

Edited by kiek

OK, here's the matching line from the log:

SE-RPG   SE-RPG   OSL ->     B738 =x= RAM B738 CN-RGH

1 hour ago, kiek said:

If it is a regcode could you check in your AI_liveries.xml and or in the data/regcodes.xml what aircraft it supposed to be?

The reg number SE-RPG did not appear in neither the AI-liveries.xml nor the data/regcodes.xml

24 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

OK, here's the matching line from the log:

OK, what did the line before that tell. Is it something like "airline lookup by registration" ?

Actually no such lines, here's the log with lines before and after:

19:17:40 Live: 3, Parked: 34
NAX775   LN-NGM   TRD ->OSL  B738 =r= NRS B738W Norwegian Air UK G-NRWY
WIF57D   LN-WIB   OSL ->     DH8A =r= WIF DH8A
19:22:17 Live: 5, Parked: 33
SAS286   LN-RRH   BGO ->OSL  B738 =R= SAS B738 LN-RRH

Come to think of it, would the hidden parameter RANDOM=false prevent this from happening?

29 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Come to think of it, would the hidden parameter RANDOM=false prevent this from happening?

No. But why do you have that? Are you running two PSXT programs at the same time? If not I recommend the default value true.

51 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Actually no such lines, here's the log with lines before and after:

19:17:40 Live: 3, Parked: 34
NAX775   LN-NGM   TRD ->OSL  B738 =r= NRS B738W Norwegian Air UK G-NRWY
WIF57D   LN-WIB   OSL ->     DH8A =r= WIF DH8A
19:22:17 Live: 5, Parked: 33
SAS286   LN-RRH   BGO ->OSL  B738 =R= SAS B738 LN-RRH

From this I conclude that there was no empty callsign at all...  Real traffic came with the registration code as call sign (I've seen that before).

In this case you did not get a livery based on SE_RPG (a missing reg code in your setup), and  therefore any airline of that type was matched.

So contrary to your subject, there is no bug...

Edited by kiek

I don't, only trying to find out if any settings cause random spawned aircraft. My setting is default

Edited by vhaaland

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

So contrary to your subject, there is no bug...

So if Realtraffic report reg-number as callsign, there will be a random spawned aircraft, why?

OK, so now I've updated all the changed Norwegian reg-numbers to keep up to date 🙂 Guess that is the best solution!

And now, onto Ryanair who has changed a bunched of aircraft to malteese register

Edited by vhaaland