Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

Odd behaviour on first start-up today: "New" but not new

Hard to describe well in that thread title!

I booted up MSFS for my first flight of the day and saw a couple of unusual things:

1) The home screen had "new" labels on the World Map and Activities links. Some of the Activities had "New" labels too, despite not being new.

2) All the menus on the World Map screen had names like MENU.WORLDMAP.SELECT_DEPARTURE,  TIME.LOCAL_UTC_LIVE and MENU_HELP_FREE.FLIGHT_CONDITION

It was like I'd somehow been put in a development mode. I was able to use the dropdowns to select previous departure and arrival locations and fly as usual. Everything was back to normal after that flight. The 2 flights I made weren't logged, but what's new there?🙄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

It happened to me as well, and then promptly crashed. Quick reload and everything other than new on the world map was normal again.

At least it keeps me entertained as I just never know what's going to happen next 🙂

Brendon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brendon Isaac

Now a new issue - I can't get the sim to start. Instead, after I click on the shortcut icon, Microsoft Store pops up with Gaming Services filling the screen. Nothing saying that needs updated, and it shows as installed. My Xbox app free subscription is still active and nothing in the Store has a pending update. If I try launching the sim from the Xbox app, nothing appears to happen at all, not even the MS Store launching this time. I've restarted the PC, tried it with all security options (Firewall & Malwarebytes) disabled - same results.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

weird i just started up and started a flight no weird issues like yours,,  reboot your PC if u havent,,, try runninf repair option in win apps msfs

I did restart (mentioned it above😉 ) but I may have overlooked the solution, just waiting to see if it works. The Gaming Services window in MS Store had "Install on My Devices" which I was ignoring because it's already installed. However, I clicked on the button and it shoed both this and one of my other PCs as a device to install to.🤨 So I've initiated the install on this PC and it has gone from sitting on preparing to install to "Starting Download"... which it's already been doing for 5 minutes now without looking like completing anytime soon. The progress bar is all the way along but still I wait...🙄

I think we may have an issue.. investigating. Just started the sim and the world part says new as well so i went to the content manager and it says core files need to be updated and i need to restart the sim. Hopefully this is just an update and not some new bug.. Sim restarting .stay tuned.

So upon restarting the sim loaded fine and no new files were updated. World still says new though. Possible that its been that way since the Japan update and we haven't noticed ?

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I think we may have an issue.. investigating. Just started the sim and the world part says new as well so i went to the content manager and it says core files need to be updated and i need to restart the sim. Hopefully this is just an update and not some new bug.. Sim restarting .stay tuned.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hurrry up.....well why doesnt this stuff update at start up when its says checking for updates,, ?

• Like 1

In my case, the second problem (Gaming Services) isn't directly an MSFS problem. Maybe it would have happened if I'd been trying to start a different game in the Xbox app, who knows? It still says "Starting Download" so I'm going to restart the PC again as it should have completed ages ago.🙄

You do know that when it says " relaunch game to update "  doesnt mean there is an update , Just that if there were you would ned to relaunch.

II checked my CM and its not showing anythign new

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmeliaCat said:

You do know that when it says " relaunch game to update "  doesnt mean there is an update , Just that if there were you would ned to relaunch.

II checked my CM and its not showing anythign new

Thats what i may have misread. So all is well.. i think.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Well, this is frustrating! There appears to be an issue with  MS Store for me. If I go to Windows Settings>Apps, all the apps, games etc I have installed outside of MS Store show their details as normal, but all the apps installed via MS Store (either as part of the initial Windows install or added since then) just show as "Loading". I've already tried repairing Gaming Services which worked apparently (with a tick), but I can't get to the Advanced options for MSFS (just keeps loading). I've reset Gaming Services and still it shows as Installed but wanting installed too.🤬

maybe try the official msfs forums,,, I dont know what to tell.you. starts throught the store usally syncs things up..good luck,,

Well, this is frustrating! There appears to be an issue with  MS Store for me. If I go to Windows Settings>Apps, all the apps, games etc I have installed outside of MS Store show their details as normal, but all the apps installed via MS Store (either as part of the initial Windows install or added since then) just show as "Loading". I've already tried repairing Gaming Services which worked apparently (with a tick), but I can't get to the Advanced options for MSFS (just keeps loading). I've reset Gaming Services and still it shows as Installed but wanting installed too.🤬

It's definitely a Gaming Services issue I feel, because I've noticed a pattern. Off all the games installed through MS Store, it's all the ones which require Administrator Privileges to install. Any not requiring that will load fine. This is the same issue I had when originally trying to install MSFS - that and any game requiring AP would fail to install whilst other installed fine. Now if I can just find on the forum where I posted my fix (though I think that might have been just forcing a Gaming Services update somehow, so I might be stuck there...