Sign in to follow this  
punder

FS Academy IFR doesn't appear in Bush Trips

Hi, has anyone tried this payware yet? I followed the instructions, put the extracted folder in my Community folder, restarted my entire system multiple times, read FS Academy's faq and removed my only other Community app, PilotPlus Wycombe, restarted my system, no luck, restarted, started MSFS without starting TrackIR first, no luck. I've emailed the developer, but was wondering if the old pros here might have an idea.

This sim is just one amazing frustration after another. Trying to stay positive...

Hang in there.  Take a fresh look at installing it tomorrow.  

Forgive me, but I assume you did look for it in Activities, then in the Bush Trips section?

Hi James, it turned out to be my fault—I had moved the entire extracted folder into Community, instead of just the “IFR” sub folder. The developer got right back to me and set me straight.

Amazing how tense and sweaty I was after flying the first lesson (hand-flown basic IFR maneuvers) a couple of times! Great stuff, highly recommended for IR wannabes.

I had a few issues with the ADF frequency not showing up when doing ADF exercises, but overall I like it a lot. I believe the problems were mine.  Certainly don't regret the purchase. I am a RL VFR pilot with 500 hours, though inactive for years.  But this is very much like having your instructor up there with you.  Works quite well as an overview of IFR, and yes, has its adrenalin moments!

• Like 1

Nice.  I'm interested in purchasing this. It's nice that all you need to do is copy it to the Community folder.  Makes it that much easier to manage.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM