Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

FS2Crew for QW787 causes FSX to crash on exit

Hi;

I just (25th Oct) purchased and installed FS2Crew which installed ok no issues. I loaded FSX selected QW787 and enabled FS2Crew and saved the config however, when I exited FSX it encountered an "unexpected error" and restarted nothing was saved. Tried it a few times enabling and disabling FS2Crew in the config menu and same issue.

I decided to try something else.

• Ran FSX and selected QW787 this time I said "NO" to run "FS2Crew787QW32.GAU" and the FSX exited normally (didn't crash), obviously FS2Crew didn't run and nothing got saved. I tried a few variations and everything seems to point back to the .GAU not execution properly. i guess on exit it's trying to do something (maybe saving settings) and failing thus causing FSX to abort.

A couple of key points to assist in trying to determine the issue..

• I am running the latest QW 787 update 1.3.1
  • MS FSX
  • Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
  • Standard QW787 config file all standard entries.
  • I down loaded and installed the files with anti virus and firewall turned off just to make sure everything got installed properly.
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Any information you can provide to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am totally at a lost for something that seems so trivial.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

Hi Bryan;

Thanks for your response. Not sure what the HS button is, there is no FS2Crew Main Panel loaded anywhere.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.

So I did some more digging to help provide some more information..

• Loaded FSX without "FS2Crew787QW32.GAU"
  • Enabled FS2Crew in the Config menu (Saved and exit FSX)
  • Ran FSX again this time I loaded  FS2Crew787QW32.GAU and then assigned the menu keys. The menu came up and I was able see some of the functions, and did a quick cursory check.
  • Exit FSX and of course it crashed and yes I did check the HS button. BTW: It would be great in to future to say what such buttons refer to or means when mentioned, since it's hard for someone to know what is being referenced  if they can't even get the app to launch to see the menu.
  • I then launched FSX again without "FS2Crew787QW32.GAU" and couldn't launch the FS2Crew menu.
  • I am not using Voice just Button so i don't have Voice Rec set up.

Conclusion; to echo my first post. The.GAU file is needed for the app to work which i can't use unless it's resolved since it's crashing FSX.

I have done all I can do at this time to provide as much information as I can to help you and your team resolve the problem.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.

1 hour ago, forshaw said:

• Exit FSX and of course it crashed and yes I did check the HS button. BTW: It would be great in to future to say what such buttons refer to or means when mentioned, since it's hard for someone to know what is being referenced  if they can't even get the app to launch to see the menu.
  • I then launched FSX again without "FS2Crew787QW32.GAU" and couldn't launch the FS2Crew menu.

The manuals describe the functions of the buttons.

The FS2Crew Panel obviously won't load it the .GAU file isn't there.

Please send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

Cheers,

2 hours ago, byork said:

The manuals describe the functions of the buttons

Understood, who combs the bowels a manual looking for "a button" function when they can't even get the application to load😄.

Will sent a support ticket.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.

Thanks; yes I did see the ticket response which i did respond to in detail. I did state that i was using Win 7 in my initial post.

In reference to your suggestion to upgrade to Win 10, that I am not going to do just for this. I have FSX running with a ton of add-ons with no issues at all. I do intend on purchasing a brand new gaming PC in the near future since I am also  planning on getting MSFS. Until then I am not going to go through the trouble of upgrading.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw. 

Hi Bryan;

The latest release (1.4) did fix my problem.

Thanks.

Regards.

Forshaw.

Edited by forshaw