Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

Cant find ILS approach plate for EGHI , Help Cat now.

Southampton intl in the UK,,, I scrwed up an approach there but I dont know why,, trying to find a approch plate but all i find is airport diagrams and airways near it etc etc.. is it no longer in service or do I just dont know how to google? I checked skyvector also and aseverl other websites,,, weird.

i saw this page already I was looking for something I didnt have to download  but thanks I appreciate you looking,,  I am having issue trying to rectify what I see on LittlenavMap with what MSFS is telling me,  grrrrrrr.  There is a ton of approaches on but some have me starting from the VOR and then doing this absurd loop around to the initial fix and the stars approachs' that would work for the dirction I am coming from arnt in MSFS .

Maybe its the proximity of other airfields causing this.  I admit I dont know that much about ILS and the such. grrrr.

All those download links take me to an advertisment page to buy approach plates,,, grrrr.

This approach is absurd,,, take a piece of spheghetti or sting , wad it up in your hand , then drop it on the floor and thast what this approach lloks like,, grrrr I want to fly straight.

yah cool thnks that airnav site will come in handy.  my first attempt at eghi i didnt capture the GS for some reason but i got it on my second try,,, I was looking for an approach that allowwed me to come in from teh northeast straight to the initial fix  but all the listed approaches in msfs had me going to the VOR and then looping around and intercepting the glide slope mid way... it probably added 2.5 times more distance than if I could have gone straight,, So i was lookinig for a way to do that but I couldnt using the loaded approaches unless I cut short the inital leg and just manually turned towards the inital fix.  Hope tht males sense..Thanks for your help.

EGHIapp.jpg

Dated but works. SOU is so quiet at the moment the tower will let you fly just about any approach you like.

1800' by PEPIS will allow you to intercept ILS for 20 on 110.75 which is what ATC would invariably clear you to do.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

EGHIapp.jpg

Dated but works. SOU is so quiet at the moment the tower will let you fly just about any approach you like.

1800' by PEPIS will allow you to intercept ILS for 20 on 110.75 which is what ATC would invariably clear you to do.

Funnily enough.. I just came in from a flight from London City to Southampton,  Filed the flightplan in MSFS2020 as normal and was routed and cleared staright in to PEPIS at 1800' for a simple ILS landing on 20  no issues coming in from the Ockham approach.   Bit crosswindy on approach but nice flight and no issues at all in a TBM with a solid full flap, 95mph approach and landing having been slowed to <210 at Ockham all with the inbuilt ATC 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Moria15 said:

Funnily enough.. I just came in from a flight from London City to Southampton,  Filed the flightplan in MSFS2020 as normal and was routed and cleared staright in to PEPIS at 1800' for a simple ILS landing on 20  no issues coming in from the Ockham approach.   Bit crosswindy on approach but nice flight and no issues at all in a TBM with a solid full flap, 95mph approach and landing having been slowed to <210 at Ockham all with the inbuilt ATC 🙂

Graham

Cool. Real world my workshop is pretty much directly beneath the 'y' of Hanky and I often observe traffic coming in from OCKHAM cutting off that PEPIS corner and flying directly overhead of me to intercept the beams at about 8 NM out though following OCKHAM to PEPIS and then turning in is recommended for the unitiated to SOU.

9 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

i saw this page already I was looking for something I didnt have to download  but thanks I appreciate you looking

If you don't already know about it, you may be interested in ChartFox -- it's like Navigraph Charts, but free.   (Which means the coverage and consistency may not be as good as you get with Navigraph, but hey, free.)  Here's what it looks like viewing an ILS approach for 20.

kmW1n72.png

9 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

There is a ton of approaches on but some have me starting from the VOR and then doing this absurd loop around to the initial fix

Are you talking about a hold in lieu of procedure turn?

3 hours ago, kaosfere said:

If you don't already know about it, you may be interested in ChartFox -- it's like Navigraph Charts, but free.   (Which means the coverage and consistency may not be as good as you get with Navigraph, but hey, free.)  Here's what it looks like viewing an ILS approach for 20.

kmW1n72.png

Are you talking about a hold in lieu of procedure turn?

That is part of what happened I guess.. lol...  I took off from EGVO Odiham and my arrival had me going southwest towards EGHI  . It had me going about 5 MI north of the Initial approach fix torwards farley mount. tand then almost directly west of EGHI before looping me back towards the VOR and into approach shown above.

So I dont understand why msfs couldnt route me directly to the begining of the ILS and made me loop around. I couldnt find an appraoch that was direct. I know i could have hand flown in to the fix point but I wanted to practice using the ap .