Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Mod: Cabin Views For the Citation CJ 4

Thanks. The only problem I have with this MOD is it requires modifying files outside the community folder which poses a problem when an update comes out.  I'll leave this one alone until someone can figure out how to make this work by placing the edits in the community folder.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The install takes two seconds. If everything gets overwritten, just back up the orginal files, then move the  modded folder back.

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The install takes two seconds. If everything gets overwritten, just back up the orginal files, then move the  modded folder back.

The problem is forgetting to put everything back before the next update.  If you forget and load up the sim to find an update you can't back out of the adverse affects I've been reading about can be painful.  Many have been doing this with bad results and it's not just one mod.  They go back and report a bug that's their own doing.  It's best to leave everything outside of the community folder alone. This is especially true seeing every MOD we could possibly want can be built to run out of the community folder without issue.  If someone hasn't figured that out yet what else have they not figured out?   I'll wait until this guy finds out how to create his mods to run out of the place that was created for add-ons to this sim to be run out of.  This is one area Asobo couldn't have made any better for third party add-ons.  You just drop a repaint in and that's it.  No thank you to modifying core files in a sim that's still in development... 

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

As a matter of fact the custom camera views don't get overwritten during the updates. There are a lot of warnings in the install notes just to make sure that people don't make mistakes, but in reality all one needs to do is copy those folders in the "Airplanes" folder. This really is equivalent to creating your own set of camera views, and nothing more than that. These camera views cannot be saved in the community folder, due to their location in the sim.

Edited by peyote

purely FYI some new camera views will be included in the WT CJ4, probably in 0.7.0 release in the next week or so...

65Z376T.png

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

The new views look great. A biz jet without a cabin? Nope.

Any chance you guys can manipulate the code so the doors open?

Edited by Ricardo41