Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Pilot2ATC and MSFS questions

1. I thought P2ATC is suppose to assign the correct SID/STAR based on the weather? So why do I see people making flight plans with the SiD/STAR and approach pre-assigned? Shouldn't this be the job of the P2ATC to assign this?
  2. When flyng the FBW A320 mod, is it possible to have my co-pilot handle talking to ATC and controlling the COMS?
  3. During enroute, why does ATC constantly keep reading back the squawk code? Can't P2ATC see that the squawk code is already set in the transponder and not constantly nag about it.
  4. To properly use P2ATC, what settings in MSFS must be turned off to avoid any conflicts.
  5. When you're about to start your descent phase, what must you say to P2ATC?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1.  If you want to be sure to get a specific runway or approach, then you can add the approach to the flight plan.  

2. I believe the A320 is not allowing P2A to change the frequencies.  If that is the case, you would have to change the frequencies manually.  Copilot can still make the radio calls it normally does.

3. You need to be sure that the Transponder code and mode are set correctly.  In the A320, you will probably have to set it both in the aircraft and in P2A because of the issue in #2.

4. Turn off the ATC items in the Assistance tab of MSFS.

5.  ATC will let you know when to descend either by giving you a descent altitude if there is no STAR, or clearing you to descend via the STAR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captain420 said:
  1. I thought P2ATC is suppose to assign the correct SID/STAR based on the weather? So why do I see people making flight plans with the SiD/STAR and approach pre-assigned? Shouldn't this be the job of the P2ATC to assign this?
  2. When flyng the FBW A320 mod, is it possible to have my co-pilot handle talking to ATC and controlling the COMS?
  3. During enroute, why does ATC constantly keep reading back the squawk code? Can't P2ATC see that the squawk code is already set in the transponder and not constantly nag about it.
  4. To properly use P2ATC, what settings in MSFS must be turned off to avoid any conflicts.
  5. When you're about to start your descent phase, what must you say to P2ATC?

#2. Pretty sure the COMs change automatically in MSFS2020 when having the CO-Pilot answer the radio calls.

33 minutes ago, rwilsonlj said:

#2. Pretty sure the COMs change automatically in MSFS2020 when having the CO-Pilot answer the radio calls.

They do. You just don't see the frequency change on the comms panel.

NAX669.png

I have a specific concern about having ATC assigning me the proper departing runway, SID, STAR and arriving runway based on weather. I am using MSFS 2020 with live weather and I know there's no option for it, so the next best thing would be to use NOAA for the weather in P2A's settings.

For flight planning I typically use the followng: PFPX for IFR, Little Navmap for VFR, and sometimes but rarely, Simbrief.

I am trying to simulate a real world IFR flight as much as possible. So my question is, which of the following app is responsible for assigning me the proper departure runway, SID, STAR and arrival runways based on the weather? It doesn't seem like PFPX, SimBrief, and LNM assigns me the correct runways either. I did a test flight plan from KSEA-KSFO and it's assigning me different runways. I verified what actual departure and arrival runways are in use by going on flightradar24.com. This part is really throwing me off. How can I get it to assign me real world departure and arrival runways when creating my flight plan with any of those apps? What is the best way to do this so that it matches the real world departure/arrival runways?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

22 hours ago, mwilk said:

They do. You just don't see the frequency change on the comms panel.

Thanks,  didn't notice that. Guess that's why I have the co-pilot monitor and he/she did not mention it. ;-).