Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Please insert Disc 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!

I have the Deluxe Premium MSFS2020 bought and downloaded since the first day. And now appears the message "Please insert Disc 1". I have no disc! What happened? I played yesterday without problem.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

I have had this, did you purchase from the MS Store?. If so there are two things that seem to cause this issue. Internet issues at the time the program does some form of region check. And the other is one i only seemed to suffer from was the time on my PC was being changed automatically hours later if i changed the time line on the live weather bar. Don't ask me how it causes this issue, but it did.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

If you do a search using your own title, you will find an assortment of topics discussing your problem. There are many and an answer should come up.

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick answer.

The message says "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc".

Just now, John Fields said:

Thank you for your quick answer.

The message says "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc".

Hi John. Do a search like I suggested, you'll find a bunch of topics and I'm sure, an answer to your specific issue will be covered. Search for "insert disc".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Hi John. Do a search like I suggested, you'll find a bunch of topics and I'm sure, an answer to your specific issue will be covered. Search for "insert disc".

Yea, just dont include all those exclamation marks for best results 😄

• Like 2

Solved!

- I've checked my Internet connection. It was OK!.

- I've checked the language and time. No problem.

- I've excluded the game from the Windows Security!

But the message was there after the checking and msfs didn't work!

So I've returned my PC to a previous restauration point (24/10).

It worked.

Thank you again for your advise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

So I've returned my PC to a previous restauration point (24/10).

It worked.

Interesting, sounds like a windows update messed up....again!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

8 hours ago, John Fields said:

Help!

I have the Deluxe Premium MSFS2020 bought and downloaded since the first day. And now appears the message "Please insert Disc 1". I have no disc! What happened? I played yesterday without problem.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Here's what worked for me (twice due to installing Patches):

1. Check for windows updates (in my case, none needed)

2. Reset Xbox and MS Store apps (Settings > apps > reset Xbox and MS Store apps > restart computer)

3. Fix Xbox Networking (Settings > gaming > Xbox networking > click "fix it" > restart computer)

This has happened twice.  First time I rebooted and it was OK.  Tonight the internet looked a bit iffy, so I rebooted the router.  That seems to have fixed todays occurrence.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)