Sign in to follow this  
Guest anderlaind

Megascenery in FSX

Have someone tried the Megascenery in FSX? I think I have read that the problems with blurries should be less in FSX. Is it so? What about performence hits?I made the same flight in SC in both FS2004+Megascenery SC and in FSX + FSGenesis mesh and my first impression is that the latter is as good without Megascenery as FS9 with it. But thats a first spontenaeous impression.

Hi jfri ....I have MegaScenery Pacific Northwest, Southern California and MegaCity Dallas and Atlanta. All seem to work ok in FSX. I took a flight this AM out of Atlanta and all worked well with good FPS and minimal blurring. I must say after 3 weeks of FSX I have decided that it will not be used as my primary flight simulator any time in the near future. No matter what I do I am unable to duplicate the outstanding look I have with FS9. Even with all the eye candy turned to max I find it no comparison to my FS9 installation. Granted, I have replaced all the original FS9 textures and terrain mesh files over the last few years with freeware off this and other sites. Virtually all of the original sky and ground textures have been replaced and all to me seem to be much better and clearer than FSX. My FS9 folder is 30GB in size with all the addons. So I have best of both worlds. I have FS9 to near perfection to fly and FSX to compare with and keep up with the topics on the forums as well as the missions to fly..... For the first time I am not hot for a major upgrade. If FSX ran perfectly with all sliders maxed at 50 FPS I still think after 3 weeks of evaluation and tweaks I still prefer FS9 by far. I am one of those fligh sim nerds who have owned every version of MSFS published since the old SubLogic days so this is not a cheap shot taken at FSX. Sorry about the long rant..... Originally only wanted to answer your question..JayDub

Yea, I tried it with Megascenery's Hawaii and parts of their San Diego as a test. All I did from FSX is "Add Scenery" by pointing to my origial locations found in FS2004... that is to say no re-installing. Seems to work great. the Hawaii scenery in FSX is jaw-dropping with the new water and watching the Megascenery highways fill up with road traffic.ClutchProject 9 Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest anderlaind

Works great,but don't activate scenery objects or you have double object.