sd_flyer

When live weather fails to deliver

This is reality right now

122837812_10221125805048297_228833837667

No turbulence, no  high surface wind in the sim! 😞

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I just had the 253/3 wind bug on a 'Live' flight from KMPI to KAVX.  No live traffic and 29.92 all the way.

Edited by ErichB

The weather depiction is disappointing. For example, we're having some low clouds and reduced visibility here and I thought I'd try a flight with live weather. It didn't work; no clouds, no precipitation and therefore, no visibility reduction.

When you want IFR conditions to fly in, live weather doesn't really cut it. If you want pretty clouds with amazing lighting, yeah, it's pretty sweet. But, you can't have 200 overcast with a 1500 RVR. You can dial in some weather that produces some level of IFR conditions, but not with live weather (unless is happens to exactly match the dialed in weather) and not with any precision.

Weather depiction is a strong point with P3D coupled with Active Sky. I'll try to stay patient and hope that someday the weather will be all it could be; either through further development or through a 3rd party application. Patients is hard as I want it all in MSFS 2020 right now, but it's not there yet.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Ha Ha!  Live weather always delivers.  It is simulated live weather that is the issue....  🌦️  🌨️    ⛈️ ⛈️ 

Keep complaining and we are likely to get gale force winds everywhere all of the time    💨  💨 💨 💨 💨, with ATIS reporting 3 MPH.   

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

ASOBO is NOT interested in fixing it. You see some people got upset at me for complaining earlier on about the live weather feature in MSFS. Now I don't complain, just remind everyone that ASOBO doesn't give a dam about fixing "live weather." If they did, well you know the answer. They are doing what they want to do. I hope that this is not too forceful for some members.

Having said that, I still love this sim and I'm grateful that ASOBO released it as a WIP.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

ASOBO is NOT interested in fixing it. You see some people got upset at me for complaining earlier on about the live weather feature in MSFS. Now I don't complain, just remind everyone that ASOBO doesn't give a dam about fixing "live weather." If they did, well you know the answer. They are doing what they want to do. I hope that this is not too forceful for some members.

Having said that, I still love this sim and I'm grateful that ASOBO released it as a WIP.

I dont think Avsim is the place for this. I learned that this kind of posts can get 2 kinds of replies: sarcasm and try to make you look stupid, or no replies at all. 

The best place is the official flight simulator forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

This is probably common knowledge but if I don't completely reload the sim from desktop after 1 flight, I would say 8 out of 10 times the weather on my 2nd flight is 225/3.

Thomas Derbyshire

I have found the weather to be mostly accurate. Its a weird one. A lot of people are reporting similar issues as above. Did you spawn at this location after starting the sim or had you gone back to the main menu after another flight and then spawned there or did you fly there from somewhere else? There must be a pattern here.

Edited by sanh

55 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

The best place is the official flight simulator forum.

I doubt that that will get anything done. As I stated ASOBO is not interested in addressing our concerns.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I doubt that that will get anything done. As I stated ASOBO is not interested in addressing our concerns.

10 years of product support... that's a lot of time not to fix something.

Roi Ben

56 minutes ago, Evros said:

I'm getting rather tired of lightning that comes out of clear sky.

I'm still amazed it wasn't fixed last patch. And if I read the dev update correctly, it won't be fixed even in the upcoming one.

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

10 years of product support... that's a lot of time not to fix something.

We need to follow priorities like in real life PAVE - Pilot, Aircraft, Environment, External Pressure! Environment is next after aircraft  ! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Where did ASOBO mention that they are not interested in fixing it?  I ask this, because unless they have stated it as such you could not  possibly know. Perhaps people get upset if you claim stuff that you are not privy to?

Edited by frankla