Sign in to follow this  
aleex

No rain on windshield with displayport connection

1 hour ago, demingma2004 said:

I'm new to MSFS2020. I used to see rain effects very well first few times I flew. All of a sudden, it's gone. Not sure how it happened but I didn't adjust any settings. 

How did you set the windshield effects? I don't think I have seen such an option from the game's various menus?

Graphics settings about half way down  (after the shadows settings):

17310701343010468b3f1037bcc3e788487920b0

I ate broccoli last night and did NOT win the lottery.

So I imagine if I don't eat broccoli before the next lotto drawing I WILL win the lottery?

The 2 lines above make the same amount of sense relationship-wise as to this phenomenon in MSFS. 

I'm not saying that its not actually happening, but as most here seem to agree that the relationship is bizarre at best.

BTW.....I took a shower yesterday 30 mins earlier than I normally do, and a dog pooped on my lawn....I'm never doing that again! 😂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm not sure why this cargo cult thread from October was dug up again.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I ate broccoli last night and did NOT win the lottery.

So I imagine if I don't eat broccoli before the next lotto drawing I WILL win the lottery?

The 2 lines above make the same amount of sense relationship-wise as to this phenomenon in MSFS. 

I'm not saying that its not actually happening, but as most here seem to agree that the relationship is bizarre at best.

BTW.....I took a shower yesterday 30 mins earlier than I normally do, and a dog pooped on my lawn....I'm never doing that again! 😂

for one moment ....I thought youwere going to say.....fart....(sorry)

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

4 hours ago, pilotter said:

for one moment ....I thought youwere going to say.....fart....(sorry)

Actually that would be a direct cause/effect....so it would not apply here. 😉

However I could have said that I farted after eating the broccoli and ever since...whenever my dog sees me making broccoli, the Suez Canal is blocked by a huge freighter....so in essence whenever I see my dog watching me make broccoli, there will be a world-wide disaster at the Suez Canal.   THAT.......is the same type of cause/effect I envision when I see no raindrops in MSFS when using a display port connection. 🙂

I seriously in my mind can't see how a video cable choice can alter the inner workings of an app.....any app.  All it does is push the video signal from the card to the display....right?  Unless there is some sort of bandwith/load shedding algorithm built into the app that starts shutting down GPU-intensive features ON THE FLY (pun intended) when the signal degrades....however even then....I thought display port had much better throughput than HDMI...so that again leaves me scratching my head. 🤨

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Display [port would have nothing to do with something like that. It just has more bandwidth for the video signal than HDMI, but the sim puts out nowhere near the limits of either. It either works or you won't get any video at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

However I could have said that I farted after eating the broccoli and ever since...whenever my dog sees me making broccoli, the Suez Canal is blocked by a huge freighter....so in essence whenever I see my dog watching me make broccoli, there will be a world-wide disaster at the Suez Canal.   

Such things are eminently possible. It is a quantum thing, everything is interconnected. This is why "gut feelings" and what your grandpa taught you outweigh any scientific evidence when making important decisions. 

Note how the Chinese total fish price Index for the first part of this century roughly track GPU prices for the same period (marked on the chart as capture total). Current trends in the price of fish in China are a very good indicator of GPU price fluctuations (as well as property prices in Manhattan).

fao-fish-price-index.png

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Such things are eminently possible. It is a quantum thing, everything is interconnected. This is why "gut feelings" and what your grandpa taught you outweigh any scientific evidence when making important decisions. 

Note how the Chinese total fish price Index for the first part of this century roughly track GPU prices for the same period (marked on the chart as capture total). Current trends in the price of fish in China are a very good indicator of GPU price fluctuations (as well as property prices in Manhattan).

fao-fish-price-index.png

So what I understand about the coincidental factor here....If a fish buys a a condo in Manhattan, I will likely fart?   Or do I have to see my dog watching me make broccoli...then fart, pilot a huge container ship across the Suez Canal, and THEN the fish will be more likely to buy a condo in Manhattan?

Or can we extrapolate and just say when a fish farts on the deck of a containership in the Suez Canal....my dog will watch me make broccoli? 

Yeah....I think the 2nd one is more likely. 🙂  However....suppose the fish is NOT Chinese, rather North Korean?  Will he 1st have to launch a short range ICBM after a world leader calls another one a killer, then invites him to a eco-conference? 

Naw....that would never happen...going with a generic farting fish that influences property sales in Manhattan while blocking the Suez Canal.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

i think you need to look elsewhere I cant possibly see how a connection change could cause this, I am connected to a 4K monitor by displayport cable and I see rain drops. But hey you never know I guess strange things do happen for various reasons

Good Luck

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K