Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

MSFS updates

Hello all,

I am just wondering if when my sim checks for updates, whether or not it is actually updating.

I raise this query, because this morning I loaded it up, selected my aircraft and livery, clicked on departure airport, and found three new airborne waypoints that were not there yesterday. I further found that I could not search for any airports at all.  I could only select from the waypoints and the airports listed.  The same applies to the arrival points, in that I can only select from the list provided and there was basically no search function.

This is totally new and as I stated, I am wondering if an update has actually occurred which has brought this on, and, if anyone else is experiencing it.  If there are others I will submit  the details to ZenDesk.

In any case, I wonder, actually I am begging, if anyone can tell me how to get round this problem.

Thanks guys

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I suspect they do hot fixes without telling anyone about it,, Ive noticed performance differences sometimes day to day...

as far as your other questions.. no idea.searching for airports or entering icao is working for me.

AmeliaCat,

It is weird I know.  I have YPKG in that preselect list but I cannot fly to anywhere else in Australia.  I suspect a reinstall may be required. Hmmm .. I hope not. I simply want to know if anyone else is going through this and/or if there is a quick fix, before I report it to Zendesk as a potential bug after an unsuspected hotfix.

Tony

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

i just logged in and loaded and chose ypkg as departure and I have no issues choosing or searching for other airpirts

I was able to fly to YARM and YCFS this morning but they were both in my history,

I am not on a PC with MSFS installed at the moment to check the search functionality.

NOTE THAT -  there are options in the settings to enable and disable/filter things like POI  and/or airports in your search. I would check in case something has unticked airports.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Have you tried a re-boot on your computer?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Strange one. As far as updates, if you go to content manager there are updates (like POIs) that appear there mid-cycle. You can manually force an update there.

Edited by DylanM

not much to see in AUStralia anyways  . one big red rock and thast about it,, Although I just saw on my socal news channel vdeo of a shark swimming under a surfer at Bondi so maybe that would be worth flying to see.. I hear Noosa is a nice place.

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Have you tried a re-boot on your computer?

Sure have, First option always.

12 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

check the filters option in the filter menu maybe u have airports unslected

Where is the filter menu mate? I went to the profile and downloaded all my content again but it is still happening.

Despite the small input so far, it would appear that this is a one off and, as such, is not worth reporting to ZenZesk. 

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

1 minute ago, himmelhorse said:

Sure have, First option always.

Where is the filter menu mate? I went to the profile and downloaded all my content again but it is still happening.

Despite the small input so far, it would appear that this is a one off and, as such, is not worth reporting to ZenZesk. 

Regards

Tony

at the bottom of the world map 

Ameliacat,

It is a great place and it is relatively COVID free which is a big advantage. Totally irrelevant though.

Back on topic LOL I cannot select anywhere in the world which is not in my preselect list.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

You should definitely be able to filter what it searches for. I only used it the once to find all those silly animals easily, I turned everything else off temporarily.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Ameliacat,

It is a great place and it is relatively COVID free which is a big advantage. Totally irrelevant though.

Back on topic LOL I cannot select anywhere in the world which is not in my preselect list.

Tony

Is that the search bar on top of your screen or the one on the left side?