Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Re-programming FMC every time the game crashes???

A320 (Fly By Wire)

Started a flight by loading a .pln file created from SimBrief. Flight plan was loaded correctly in the FMC.

Saved the game right before take off, then the game crashed 5 minutes later.

After reloading the save file, the flight plan is no longer in the FMC, but it still showed up on the World Map before I clicked Fly.

You mean to tell me there is absolutely no way to reload a saved fight with the plan saved in the FMC??? There's no way I'm retyping the waypoints over and over every time the game decides to randomly crash for no reason. Saving the FMC state should be part of the save flight function. What a complete joke!

Edited by NightOfDreams

In case anyone cares, it seems the A320's FMC only saves the flight plan if you use the in-game flight planner. If you import a plan from SimBrief, it does not save.

Too bad the default planner is so limited, but looks like I'm stuck with it since it's pointless using a flight plan that will be inevitable deleted from the FMC when the game crashes (which is 100% guaranteed).

Edited by NightOfDreams

I have never had the game crash in well over 100 hours of flying mainly the Airbus. I don't use the save game feature and am not sure why you do. If you have created the flight plan in Simbrief then you export it to MSFS and then just load the flightplan direct into world map. No manual entering of waypoints needed at all. Simbrief even have a loader app to help. All very easy. I now use Little Navmap too to create flight plans which I export to MSFS and then just hit load in the world map, very east to.

I suspect you don't realise that you can do this.

CJ

The FMC doesn't always save the plan even if you save, exit and resume in the normal way. I'm almost 99.9% certain that applies whether I've created a flt file with Plan G which still saves to my old FSX location or the built in planner which goes to the root directory of the FS20 install (seems an odd default location). However the theory does kind of make sense - maybe the answer if importing a Plan-G or similar file is to re-save it in the Planner before launching the flight.

3 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

I have never had the game crash in well over 100 hours of flying mainly the Airbus. I don't use the save game feature and am not sure why you do. If you have created the flight plan in Simbrief then you export it to MSFS and then just load the flightplan direct into world map. No manual entering of waypoints needed at all. Simbrief even have a loader app to help. All very easy. I now use Little Navmap too to create flight plans which I export to MSFS and then just hit load in the world map, very east to.

I suspect you don't realise that you can do this.

In 2 months of use the game never crashed for me either. Now all of a sudden ntdll.dll crash happens every flight. I save the flight every 10 minutes so I can resume when it inevitably crashes.  This is what I did in FSX/P3D and cant believe I'm once again dealing with constant CTDs in yet another flight sim. If it didnt crash I wouldn't bother saving.

Back to flight planning... I've been doing exactly that, creating the flight plan on SimBrief and then loading it in World Map. That works perfect, until I save a flight, game crashes, then I reload. The flight plan is completely gone out of the FMC. I've had this happen several times.

However, it does seem to retain the flight plan in the FMC for saves/loads if I create it in the World Map.

5 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

In 2 months of use the game never crashed for me either. Now all of a sudden ntdll.dll crash happens every flight. I save the flight every 10 minutes so I can resume when it inevitably crashes.  This is what I did in FSX/P3D and cant believe I'm once again dealing with constant CTDs in yet another flight sim. If it didnt crash I wouldn't bother saving.

Back to flight planning... I've been doing exactly that, creating the flight plan on SimBrief and then loading it in World Map. That works perfect, until I save a flight, game crashes, then I reload. The flight plan is completely gone out of the FMC. I've had this happen several times.

However, it does seem to retain the flight plan in the FMC for saves/loads if I create it in the World Map.

Oh, OK, had not appreciated you were doing that as you wrote about saving game and also retyping in the whole plan, neither of which I do. One element that may help me is that I am running on  gaming laptop with no overclocking. I am starting to think I have an advantage in doing this as all the hardware parts are explicitly designed to work with each other. My system seems far more stable than the homebrew builds and people stretching the overclocking.

CJ

6 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Oh, OK, had not appreciated you were doing that as you wrote about saving game and also retyping in the whole plan, neither of which I do. One element that may help me is that I am running on  gaming laptop with no overclocking. I am starting to think I have an advantage in doing this as all the hardware parts are explicitly designed to work with each other. My system seems far more stable than the homebrew builds and people stretching the overclocking.

I'm running on a gaming laptop and do not overclock. My laptop has been running the game very smoothly for 2 months. I played for hours and hours like you without a single crash. Now it crashes with ntdll.dll error all the time despite that I didn't change a single thing on my system to cause this. From reading other threads it seems many others have ntdll.dll crashes. We'll see if their patch today fixes it

Edited by NightOfDreams

3 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

maybe the answer if importing a Plan-G or similar file is to re-save it in the Planner before launching the flight.

But when I load a saved flight, the World Map does not give me the ability to change the flight plan at all, or load a .pln file. Unless I'm missing something?

Edited by NightOfDreams

By using the in-game flight planner, I'm able to retain the flight plan in the FMC. Loading plans from SimBrief does not work. That's ok, at least I found a work-around for now.

However, when I reload a saved flight it completely erases the weather, and I'm absolutely unable to make any changes to the weather whatsoever. It goes from cloudy to completely clear skies. All options to change weather are grayed out/unavailable. 🤬🤬🤬

This renders saving and reloading flights completely useless unless you don't care about the weather settings. This is unacceptable to me and I'll complain about it constantly until it's fixed.

Edited by NightOfDreams