Sign in to follow this  
Manny

"Aircraft Overstressed"

Is it just me, or do other folks find this happening far too freequently, for the wrong reasons...like in a gentle decent to the airport?Never seen this in FS9. Not to say you could not overstress the aircraft, but in FSX it seems a bit "extreme"Thoughts?bt

Specific Aircraft Maybe? What aircraft.I haven't had any overstress issues at all, aside from trying out that "arcade" mission with the lear and the hoops with damage on.Not to state the obvious, but your not doing a "gentle desent" at say ... 450kts ;)Garett

Guest kayann

The only aircraft that's given me any real issues in this regard (and I haven't played too much to be honest) is the stupid ultralight.That thing overstresses at the drop of a hat! I can understand that it may be a fragile aircraft (just look at it) but the crash model in FSX is outdated and somewhat unbelievable at times. Instead of stress damaging your aircraft and giving you issues ranging from damaged elevators to engines misfiring and dying etc. you just seem to 'crash' frozen in midair at about the time your aircraft would START to get stressed.The documentation and advice given throught FSX is poor in places as well (though from memory it is a touch improved on the demo, the the ultralight's throttle is different now). For example: Advice given somewhere is to open your throttle fully and take off. On my PC this does one thing - overstresses the ultralight into a crash within 30 seconds. I can't even clear the airport before it crashes. Whereas the cessna say is quite happy with this (though obviously I reduce it once I've finished climbing).Anyone fly ultralights? I imagine running a throttle fully open is bad but will it destroy your engine in 30 seconds? and will a good bank rip your wings off?PS. do you think with FSX we could get a 3rd party program that gives us a decent 'damage' model (and preferably a real crash and destruction model).

>Is it just me, or do other folks find this happening far too>freequently, for the wrong reasons...like in a gentle decent>to the airport?>>Never seen this in FS9. Not to say you could not overstress>the aircraft, but in FSX it seems a bit "extreme">>Thoughts?I also have the very strong impression that this happens at an much earlier point in FSX compared to FS9. For me it has happened at several occasions in the C172 when I'm just slightly in the yellow speed range.

I'm having the same issue with the Eaglesoft Cirrus for FSX. It cracks up at 180 knots. Given that this is above the never exceed speed, well, I shouldn't be up that fast, but, still, I don't think the real one would lose a wing at that speed.But, I plan to fix the problem by flying more carefully. I shouldn't be flying that fast, anyway.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>>Is it just me, or do other folks find this happening far>too>>freequently, for the wrong reasons...like in a gentle decent>>to the airport?>>>>Never seen this in FS9. Not to say you could not overstress>>the aircraft, but in FSX it seems a bit "extreme">>>>Thoughts?>>I also have the very strong impression that this happens at an>much earlier point in FSX compared to FS9. For me it has>happened at several occasions in the C172 when I'm just>slightly in the yellow speed range.Many aircrafts stress is overdone IMO. The Yellow territory is generally ok when in non turbulant conditions. Beyond yellow line extreme stress could happen when heavy G's are pulled and this is possible during turbulance. But in a way....Trying to fly without that stress damage woould probably be better for learning to fly by the numbers. Instead of just dive bombing every landing.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter