Sign in to follow this  
Acepdr

Content Manager Question

A little history first.

Purchased MSFS2020 through the Microsoft Store about week after debut.  Did not have any issues until this past week.  From release until now have D/L numerous repaints, scenery and purchased some aircraft.

My first CTD happened a couple of days ago, I booted up SIM selected Dep and Arr points, selected aircraft and hit FLY, it loaded about a 3rd of the way and then sound cracked and stopped and that's when it crashed.

Of course attempted this several times and same results.  So off to the races sort of, cleared out Community Folder and attempted again, NO GO.  I loaded again and tried some "ACTIVITIES" Landing Challenges and they worked out okay.

I followed MS instructions and deleted Sim and all of its contents, reinstalled via MS Store........it took over 9 HOURS to reload, the NA server must have been busy because my Internet speed is not that bad.  Once if finally loaded up I had to go into the Content Manager and RELOAD all the Aircraft.....another 3 HOURS.  Will not bore you with all the CTD's I have nor the process if trying to fix after watching Youtube Vids for hours.

But my QUESTION is that in my CONTENT MANAGER it still shows "CORE CONTENT MANDATORY PACKAGES.....RELAUNCH THE GAME TO UPDATE.....80.80 GIB"

Well I have launched may times over and still the same.

Anybody have this issue

System

AMD Ryzen 7-3700x

Nvidia RTX 2060 Super

32 GB Ram

ASUS Prime X570-Pro MOBO

Paul

Have the same issue and deleted the sim twice. re downloaded from microsoft  twice and when sim  reaches checking for updates it does not do the update but does not crash. the content manager says to update restart sim. no matter how many times i restart sim will not update. sim runs and still shows version 195. i have fast download speed but takes 1hour 35 minutes to reload sim and the content manager aircraft etc. I dont have any ctds the sim runs but will not update

"CORE CONTENT MANDATORY PACKAGES.....RELAUNCH THE GAME TO UPDATE.....80.80 GIB"

This has been the case since the start - there is no update to update - it is an error. Everyone has this.

CJ

• Upvote 1

Thanks CJ....How did I not miss that before.....Yes I did launch from the MS store

PDR