Sign in to follow this  
Virtpilot

Windows update KB4579311

Does anybody has a clue about this issue. Every time Windows installs this update, the sim does not start. The warning message comes to screen that "the request is not supported". I remove the update and the sim launches normally. Is there anything I can do? This has happened several times now.

Tapani Österberg

I don't have any issue and it's been installed on my PC since 16/10/20. I would do a search for that update  in google etc, You can usually find whats causing the problem and resolve it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Thank you for your answer. Based on Google, that update has caused lots of issues. The only issue for me is that the sim won´t launch. Has to keep continue investigations....

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

You can safely upgrade to winver 20H2 19042.572 : it's called "windows 2010". It's available !
If you do so, you can forget KB4579311 forever !

• Like 1

Windows updated to version 20H2 19042.572 but not working. When I try to launch the sim, same thing happens, warning box with the path and "the request not supported". Flightsimulator.exe is ticked run as administrator. In fact, it is that KB4579311 which updates windows to that 19042.572 version.

Edited by Virtpilot

Tapani Österberg

Hi there Virtpilot,

do you find a solution?

I have the same problem 

Erik Kuppens

I saw some posts about this. Try to deactivate Windows Defender when you first start FS after the Windows Update. If FS starts, just re-activate Defender. Hope that helps.

Working well since last update.

The issue after last MSFS had to do with some USB peripherals, so I would also check that.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

After one week pause on Windows Update, the KB4579311 was again installed and FS did not start. So removed that and FS started. Just noticed Crimplenes`s suggestion. Very interesting. Have to try that one. 

Tapani Österberg

8 hours ago, crimplene said:

I saw some posts about this. Try to deactivate Windows Defender when you first start FS after the Windows Update. If FS starts, just re-activate Defender. Hope that helps.

Unfortunately did not help. Windows Update goes off again for a week. Oh dear...

Tapani Österberg

On 10/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, Virtpilot said:

Does anybody has a clue about this issue. Every time Windows installs this update, the sim does not start. The warning message comes to screen that "the request is not supported". I remove the update and the sim launches normally. Is there anything I can do? This has happened several times now.

This might help. Windows defender is blocking MSFS exe from running with the KB. You need to exclude it within powershell.

2DmJZqo.jpg

Edited by RW1
  • Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

Thank you but unfortunately did not work. Have to remove those updates and put the Windows Update to a rest.

Tapani Österberg

You would think MS could avoid writing software which made it difficult or impossible to use one of its own products.

Or have I missed something? 

• Like 1

Supporter.png

John

6 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

You would think MS could avoid writing software which made it difficult or impossible to use one of its own products.

Or have I missed something? 

You would think. Heck, you would think they would make an update for that particular product without making it difficult or impossible to use that particular product too.

James