Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

JoinFS v1.5.0

It may well have progressed by now.

It now allows all the FSX + versions AND MSFS!

Bert, Charlie(you don't know him yet) and myself had a session with me as the P3Der. I could see them and they could see me! Not only that, we were all on the same elevation although KRDD may be the only place in the world were this will happen. Early days but very encouraging.

v1.5.0 is available HERE if you don't get an 'Update Available' pop up when you start JoinFS

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

This sounds great Ron. Unfortunately I've got another appointment today otherwise I'd join you guys on today's Nepal flight with it.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks for the direct link Ron. 

Ted: Nepal is tomorrow.. That is Wednesday I thought?  Isn't today Tuesday?  or am I in a different day time zone? and I missed that Nepal flight lol)

Edited by nbrich1

upgraded join fs   to 1.5  then flew P3D 4.5 with JJ & Jim.b who used 2020, everything was fine for me  I  could see them, they could see me ok, but they saw two of their own aircraft .  (strange ).

Another funny thing was when Jim said he could see my feet sticking out of the aircraft floor.  ( Now come on they are not that big ).

Then Paul J joined, we could see him but he could not see us.   " Ok thats flightsimming for you."

regards.

Well done Roger. There's a quirky thing going on with plane matching. I haven't got my head completely round it, but MFS will need to have the plane in it's memory on JoinFS....Or something. 😄

Hi Ron: following a good hint by Jim B we found my "can't see my aircraft" problem - he mentioned the MFS server time zone setting under the (top-right) username box: the first line showing the user on/off-line status, and the second showing which "area server" the user is connecting to. Not relating to JoinFS, but it seems that all users in the "air tour" group have to be connected to the same server. Everyone in my two lame attempts to join were in the "West USA" server: mine was connecting to the "East USA".. . . . . .  Maybe this is common knowledge to most folks - I don't know - (too Noob at the moment), but it's something that could be added to a "Group Flight Config" sheet for first-timers.  Maybe one already exists?

I have to add my thanks to Jim, and to say that once it was up and running "properly" I had a great time yakking with him for another fifteen minutes or more about everything aviation under the sun - and especially our mutual involvement and experiences flying R/C aircraft over the last thirty-forty years! Retirement has suddenly become fun again, and that deserves a big "Thank You" to you personally, old friend, and also for the welcome you have extended to me, with similar going to Roger and the rest of the Saturday group.

pj

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

JoinFS is now v1.5.1 HERE

• Fixed heading and pilot frequency in the Whazzup.txt file. Whazzup? What's that?
  • Changed the way the global session option is activated to avoid confusion for new users. The tick option is now a button press. To make it permanently on, enable 'Join global session at launch' in the JoinFS settings. (Not sure if that will concern us. (Need experimenters)
  • SimConnect: Forced rename of "KittyHawk" to "Microsoft Simulator 2020".

Thanks Ron. I'm a bit confused about Paul's post. Do we need the MSFS Multiplayer + JoinFS?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I'm not 1000% sure yet, Viking, but I'm starting to believe that if you're using FSX/P3D - and wanting to be a full participant in a group flight plan where there are MSF 2020 users - you will need JoinFS 1.5.x to see their aircraft. 
I was totally new to the multiplayer side of 2020, not seeing anyone else's aircraft, this being my first attempt at joining a group, and was following Ron's (and others) suggestions for a fix - but I didn't want to waste the time of a dozen guys with my problems: At that time I had not turned on Multiplayer, and knew diddly about the purpose and configuration of JoinFS, other than it was needed to enable differing versions the "older" sims to fly together and see each other's aircraft on-screen: v1.4 was not able to do that. I/we were unable to achieve that at that time,  but during a later flight with JimB, using 2020 and JoinFS we discovered the need to be on the "WEST USA" server of MSFS, and that worked - he and I were able to see each other as we should. HOWEVER - the next day I saw Ron's "1.5.0 is here!!" post, and so installed it. I then got on DTP with Robert and we talked about the experience, and he wasn't using JoinFS, but was using 2020 - and I still couldn't see him, so he walked me through the full setup process (in the General section) to "multi-fly" without JoinFS - and that worked perfectly. This is the stock method, of course and doesn't permit P3D/FSX sharing the same group fly.  From this I can only conclude that - as per my first para. - JoinFS ver. 1.5.x as Ron has said - is needed to allow the full sharing functionality of multiplayer flying between FSX/P3D and MSFS.

"It's got a steep learning curve. . ."

Jump in to confirm or correct, Ron!

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul. I'm sure that you need JoinFs to fly together across the various platforms. I just wonder if you need the MSFS multiplayer function in addition. If everybody is on the same JoinFS capable sever, that should be sufficient. We will try that out....😀

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

As no-one had mentioned it in the first two "help me!" sessions, Gunter - and Robert and I were able to connect during the second attempt, where I did not have "MultiPlayer" enabled - I think that would be correct.  Both "Enable Multiplayer"  in the MSFS "General", and the JoinFS application are both clients that will talk to the respective servers, but only JoinFS is "multi-fs_version". Maybe that also will come?   😄

Edited by Paul J

In the meantime Peter seems to be working away at the 'Joint Services' versions.

I shall update willy nilly. At the moment it's 1.5.2. I expect 1.5.3 to arrive within the next 35 seconds at the rate he's going.

So just update every time to save space on the forum.

For the first time ever I recommend you do not install the latest version! 1.5.9 messes with joining.

Ignore the previous post (whaddya mean you already did?!) It seems it only a problem I had joining via my network. All sorted now. 👍