Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Update #5 Delay

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

I have to wonder if these are new AP issues, or if the QA people have finally managed to reproduce AP pitch instability issues that people have been pointing out for several updates now.

I believe only the Longitude and TBM 930 are affected by this issue, so their wording suggests that it's a new bug. Besides 1.9.5.0 seemed to reduce the issue somewhat.

Does anyone know if the live weather and bad looking clouds are going to be fixed with this patch?  Is there a list of what the update will include? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Amateur hour at Asobo ... Sorry lots of people are going to take offence at my comments but at the moment they have yet to prove me otherwise no matter how pretty the sim is.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does anyone know if the live weather and bad looking clouds are going to be fixed with this patch?  Is there a list of what the update will include? 

No definitive list yet. So far we know that it will remove the Press Any Key to Start screen, improve night lighting, flight control authority and pitch oscillation issues, fix some issues with the A320neo, and add metric units as well as the ability to disable cockpit tooltips.

• Like 1

Confused AP broken hasnt it always been broken ? seems thats what the biggest complaint has been from day one otherwise why would we have all of these mod guys making them better

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Amateur hour at Asobo ... Sorry lots of people are going to take offence at my comments but at the moment they have yet to prove me otherwise no matter how pretty the sim is.

release with bugs... amateur hour. 

release delay because of bugs... amateur hour.

🤔

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

"It’s going to take a few days" At this level it is not just a simple problem of autopilot. 🤔

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

I'll take this as a good sign 👍

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Amateur hour at Asobo ...

How is not releasing a buggy patch 'Amateur hour'?

This is a professional decision.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Confused AP broken hasnt it always been broken ? seems thats what the biggest complaint has been from day one otherwise why would we have all of these mod guys making them better

Honestly I think a lot of the 'AP broken' complaints have been user error, at least as far as the basic GA HDG/NAV/VS modes and people complaining on the MSFS forums.  FLC has had instability issues on some aircraft, and VNAV and the airliners have problems for sure, so there are real problems, but I've done plenty of 5 hour flights on NAV/ALT AP on the G1000 or G3000 with no problems.  Approaches also have a lot of problems but that's more related to the flight planning/nav data portion than the AP itself.  There are huge limitations to the AP but there are also plenty of situations where it works fine.

If Asobo just provided a manual/tutorial for using the AP I think we'd have much better signal to noise ratio on AP related items. At least people would be discussing real problems.

• Like 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

6 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Oh how terrible! I wonder if Asobo are even aware they have to prove their professionalism to you Maxis. Perhaps you should write a letter to the manager of Asobo, informing them of their duty. My friend Karen told me this can be very effective, you should try it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Amateur hour at Asobo

Saying, "Hey, our last-round QA testing, meant as a backstop to keep any bugs from being released, worked and kept a bug from being released!" is "Amateur hour"?  There's just no pleasing some people.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well I guess the bright side is I can (try and) finish my current flight in the FBW A320 as the patch will almost invariably break it!

12 minutes ago, Maxis said:

They release a patch with bugs, you complain. 

They delay a patch to fix some more bugs, you complain. 

And yet Asobo is the problem?..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Elvensmith said:

Well I guess the bright side is I can (try and) finish my current flight in the FBW A320 as the patch will almost invariably break it!

The FlybyWire group are pretty quick to fix things. I would guess you won't lose too much time between flights.