Sign in to follow this  
Buckster

Captainsim 757 + FSX

Anyone else bought this ? the FSX specific version ? I am VERY VERY disappointed, it seems very buggy, and a complete system hog.If I go to cockpit view either 2D or 3D, and with all extras in the cockpit turned off, I get 6-8 fps ! completely unplayable.Seems a bug too as with same aircraft ....outside view = 45 fps (nice looking aircraft - well modelled)2d or 3d cockpit = 6-8 fpsthen switch to outside view = still 6-8 fpsBUT if you then alt-tab out of FSX and then alt-tab back in - you're back in the game in outside view @ 45 fpsdoesn't do this with any other planes, so must be a bug in the Captainsim 757 ?Also I haven't had one CTD with FSX since purchase - 2 so far with the 757 in 10 minutes of flying - not goodMark.

Guest anderlaind

Delete the VC with their ACE module and you solve the problem....anyway I like fly with VC,so in my opinion this is not a complete product.Bye, >Anyone else bought this ? the FSX specific version ? I am VERY>VERY disappointed, it seems very buggy, and a complete system>hog.>>If I go to cockpit view either 2D or 3D, and with all extras>in the cockpit turned off, I get 6-8 fps ! completely>unplayable.>>Seems a bug too as with same aircraft ....>>outside view = 45 fps (nice looking aircraft - well modelled)>>2d or 3d cockpit = 6-8 fps>>then switch to outside view = still 6-8 fps>>BUT if you then alt-tab out of FSX and then alt-tab back in ->you're back in the game in outside view @ 45 fps>>doesn't do this with any other planes, so must be a bug in the>Captainsim 757 ?>>Also I haven't had one CTD with FSX since purchase - 2 so far>with the 757 in 10 minutes of flying - not good>>Mark.

Hello,I have this product also. I downloaded the FSX version and tried it. My machine went from 22 fps at KSEA to 7 fps. This is the worst addon I have from the performance aspect. It is also incomplete.I keep FS9.1 on a D drive and FSX on the C drive - I uninstalled the FSX version and went to the PSS 757 on my FS9.1 system. It may not be perfect but it does not drop my FS9.1 FPS at all - I still get about 30 FPS at all airports.Whwn a new or updated 757 comes out (Not CS) I'll loo at that at the time.Cheers,Ron Sagel

Guest Maverick2006

Same problem with me. The frames are absolutely horrible. After deactivating the VC nothing has changed. I get only about 9 frames in 2D or VC cockpit.So I've deleted this bird from my hard drive because it's unflyable.I hope CS will fix this performance problem very soon.PatricCore 2 Duo E63002GB RAM PC5300GeForce 7600GS 256MB

thnaks guys - glad its not just me then.I'm even more disappointed as it was my first ever FS payware, and its not a good start !I've posted on the CS forums for a refund if it can't be sorted, because without a usable "front view" its just not flyable - if they don't comply (apparently they can be rather fusy) - I'll do a chargeback through paypal.Mark.

Guest JIMJAM

"I hope CS will fix this performance problem very soon.":-xxrotflmao

I presume it wasn't this bad in FS2004 ?Theres no reason not to ask for a refund is there ? I wouldn't call this a complete product, just a gash release for FSX (in current form)I bought it because of all the rave reviews ....mmmmMark.

>>I bought it because of all the rave reviews ....>from who???

My suggestion next time is search here for CS or CaptainSim. IE: The shuttle post is a good example.It won't take to many threads for you to find out what you needed to know before you bought it. You could always check here as well: http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=757generalBut it's a heavily moderated forum ... to say the least.Edit-"I'm even more disappointed as it was my first ever FS payware, and its not a good start !"Sorry to hear that - Don't get to discouraged, as there are many quality and customer service payware guys out there. I always read the forums - over the reviews. More accurate representation of opinon (by people that put out thier own cash) of vs. a single reviewer.Been there, done that - and not going back.Best Regards & Good LuckGarett

Heres an idea:Stop buying Captainsim's buggy products.

Guest AOA

Hi"I'm even more disappointed as it was my first ever FS payware, and its not a good start !"No it is`nt and I hope you make out on that chargeback.As folks here have stated CS is reknowned for hmm how shall I put this so no one is offended or detracting from their fun oh ok they are just about the worst delveoper out there right now.There is no need to go into details and all you have to do is search the forums to get a good idea of what the deal is with them.I really should say though that if decide to browse the CS forum they are heavily censured so be aware.I really do hope that this post does not offend anyone or detract from their fun in any way.:)See a big smilie for my good tovarich CanadaOne.;)Pete

Thanks guys - my fingers have been burnt and not again ...just thought I can't do a chargeback ... as paid from credit in my Paypal account - darn.whats the new A380 like from Perfectflight (downloadable ?) - anyone tried it ?Just not many additional aircraft (Freeware) for FSX and wanted to try something different.I think Captainsim will give me a refund in the end :) - I'm very polite, and never get cross, but ask Dell LOL - they gave me a refund and let me keep their PDA - just to shut me up :) all the best, Mark.

Guest anderlaind

PMDG,PSS and PIC...wait for these and don't waste your moneyBye,francesco.>Thanks guys - my fingers have been burnt and not again ...>>just thought I can't do a chargeback ... as paid from credit>in my Paypal account - darn.>>whats the new A380 like from Perfectflight (downloadable ?) ->anyone tried it ?>>Just not many additional aircraft (Freeware) for FSX and>wanted to try something different.>>I think Captainsim will give me a refund in the end :) - I'm>very polite, and never get cross, but ask Dell LOL - they gave>me a refund and let me keep their PDA - just to shut me up :)>>>all the best, Mark.