Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

"Press Any Key To Start!"

I don't get it, why is this at the top of the bug list? 

Boggles the mind. 

So, an additional 1 second of pressing a key is more troubling to folks than the dozen or so other issues?

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Boggles the mind. 

You said it.

• Like 1

The problem is that because of the long time that it takes to load into the menu, people want to get up and do something else meanwhile. You cannot do that while this step exists, you have to stay and press a key to make sure that the simulator is fully loaded by the time you get back. It is not about the minor inconvenience of having to press a key.

Apparently in the older Alpha builds this step would appear once the simulator is loaded, and pressing a key would send you straight to the menu, which is the most logical thing to do and how most games do it. Whoever knows why this was changed...

• Like 17
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, an additional 1 second of pressing a key is more troubling to folks than the dozen or so other issues?

The idea here is that it should be a simple fix requiring very little time and effort... a quick win, so to speak.  Not like it's delaying any significant work on other items in the list, Asobo not being a one-man show.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

• Like 6

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Forget it CB. There are people out there that really do not get it.

We know that press any key stage is totally unnecessary to be there, and requesting its removal is more of a feature request than a bug fix. It is also really easy to do (as Asobo already do this in their version).

It is just another straw man argument again to suggest that this is getting in the way of the more important fixes. It is not.

For the ones arguing against it, just let it be removed for heavens sake. Or maybe you would like another pause stage put in?

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

If it really bothers you github link in this video 🙂

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

14 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

We know that press any key stage is totally unnecessary to be there, and requesting its removal is more of a feature request than a bug fix. It is also really easy to do (as Asobo already do this in their version).

It is just another straw man argument again to suggest that this is getting in the way of the more important fixes. It is not.

Unfortunately there are lots of problems here. People not even checking out the most upvoted thread in the forum to see why people are requesting for that screen to be removed, those with bleeding-edge systems and NVME SSDs not realising that long loading times is a problem that several users experience, and those who think that removing that screen is going to take away from improving the avionics and flight models. A semi-competent UI designer should be able to do it in about half an hour, and that's a very generous estimate since I do not know how this application is programmed. Maybe we should also complain about the time it took for someone to move this screen from the end of the loading sequence to its start in the later Alpha builds.

At least in a few days that screen will be banished and this argument won't crop up again. Though I would prefer if they moved it back to the end of the loading sequence so that people would stop calling for its removal and others realise why they did so in the first place.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Making an issue out of users making an issue about the Any Key is making a mountain out of a molehill out of an anthill.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Yup the things I could do in the 10-15 seconds it takes to get to the press any key screen,,, lol  and no I dont have SSD. 

And then I sit in front of their computers for hours..

The new loading screen was leaked...

Are you going to push those keys or whistle Dixie?

51349af09113049eeda62f6842ca6f1b.jpg&f=1

• Like 5

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just now, Fielder said:

The new loading screen was leaked...

Are you going to push those keys or whistle Dixie?

51349af09113049eeda62f6842ca6f1b.jpg&f=1

well punk do you feel lucky..lol yah good one

"To start, press any key." Well where's the "any" key? I see Esc, Catarl, and PigUp. There doesn't seem to be any "any" key!

― Homer Simpson

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU