Sign in to follow this  
herc130sat

DC-8 Jetliner 50 to 70 series navigation

I've recently purchased the Just Flight DC-8 Jetliner series 50 to 70 (I like old iron). I have searched their forum, support (sic) site and many other places regarding the following issues without success. Hopefully this will be a positive stop.

The product installed 3 folders in its root directory, Flight Plans (RTE format), Flights and Navdata. The particular aircraft model I am trying to fly is the DC-8-61 series. The aircraft has a FMS system which will load pre-installed flight plans. Well…………none of the preloaded routes are of interest to me. That being said……….I’ve tried creating my own flight plan via SimBrief. Their formats are either rte (lower case) or .pln. If I direct the download (either format) to the Just Flight flight plans folder, FSX will CTD. As soon as I remove them all is good. I have tried manually entering flight plan data directly into the FMS but receive the message Navdata not found. Example…..Departure MROC to KIMA. After selecting takeoff rwy (SID), transition identifier’s listed within the FMS do not match Flight Plan printout. Instead the FMS system will display transition choices that are very different. Is that an FSX issue or?   

So……………has anyone else had this same experience after purchasing the aforementioned DC-8 series?

Is there another flight planner that is compatible with the DC-8 FMS?

How did you resolve the issue?

All help and positive feedback greatly appreciated.

Hey Herc,

I didn't had this case, but I am flying the DC-8 in P3D. Maybe you could try LittleNavMap. This flightplanner can also save as *.pln. Looks complex at the first view, but is freeware and an awesome tool: https://albar965.github.io/

Kind regards,

Danny

Hey Danny!

Thanks for the info. I've downloaded the program and reading the manual. I also downloaded the Globe elevation data. That is (at least for now) where I am stuck. My brain is ether out to lunch or incredible slow processing the installation instruction. It says to unzip to path "Select the extracted directory using Select GLOBE Directory ... so, that it points to the files a10g to p10g."

Well I unzipped files to  a desktop folder. All the a10g's are there but I don't know where to put them. Is the Globe directory within the Littlenav program? If so I sure can't see it nor can I see Globe directory in the program files. The search continues🤔

Create a separate folder for your downloaded Globe data. In Little Navmap under the 'Tools' menu, select 'Options' then 'Cache and Files'. Under the heading 'Flight Plan Elevation Data' select 'Use Offline Globe Elevation Data' and select the folder you created to contain your Globe Elevation data.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE