Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Some 3070 results with FS2020

I heard AMD will have two different VRAM options for their new cards. So you may be able to get 3070 performance with 16GB of VRAM from AMD's relative product (I think it'll be the regular 6700, not XT? that rivals the 3070). 

Edited by bonchie

6900XT matching and even beating 3090 for 999USD

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

12 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Looks like it could be the simmers card of choice. 
For me though I’m happy to stick with Nvidia. I always find it more stable..... however for the majority of budget conscious simmers the RX 6900 XT could be absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

I checked my favorite bench mark site, but no sign of 6900xt beating anything... I guess on paper anything is possible.  

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

RX 6800 ($579), RX 6800XT ($649) and 6900XT ($999) Looking very promising. 

Especially for those with a high resolution monitor that is Freesync compatible. Those 16 GB matter when you get to 1440p +++

RX 6800 especially with the starting price at $579 and 18% higher performance than the 2080ti, meaning also higher performance than RTX 3070. For $79 extra.

What matters now is AMD doesn't screw up the drivers.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Lot of pressure on Nvidia to ramp up production before the availability of these cards. I am either going to get a RTX 3070 or RX 6800XT and it all comes down to who has one available first. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Looks like it could be the simmers card of choice. 
For me though I’m happy to stick with Nvidia. I always find it more stable..... however for the majority of budget conscious simmers the RX 6900 XT could be absolutely brilliant. 

Stability is a big issue in the workplace. Our IT manager will not buy AMD anymore on the basis that even though 95% have no issues that occasional one that does glitch costs a lot of money because typically the driver issue is sporadic random blue screens on just one server or desktop which take a lot to track down. For many companies, one server down for half a day is tens of thousands of dollars lost.  It is the reason you see racks full of DL380s and cisco switches even though you can get the same performance for a fraction of the price. Enterprise purchasing is often governed by what is known to work reliably.

At home though you are generally unlucky to have an issue and if you lose a day over the weekend getting it sorted it is no big hassle. For home use stability is much less an issue.

Hence for home use buy whatever suits you best at the price point you can afford regardless of brand.

Also, for home use, ignore which brand is "best" at the top level as it is not relevant unless you are shopping at that level, compare the cards at your price point.  Also ignore the fan boys for either brand with their tales of how the "other" brand will kill your cat, get your teenage daughter pregnant and set fire to your house.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

The new Radeon series has also been presented and wastes too much electricity - 300 Watts. Nvidia CEO proudly said in the official presentation: "Moore`s law is finally dead".

Yes and now the fat cows called graphics cards are coming. Intel had its tradition holding energy consumption on the same level by shrinking the process node. Nvidia and AMD failed even the first time after Nvidia`s official anouncement of Moore`s law death.

Just my 2 cents.

Don`t forget Sonys environmental protection plans for video games. When it`s in idle, it will consume less power. Even the United Nations are impressed as it seems like.

https://gizmosure.com/playstation-5-to-be-more-environment-friendly/

I can't wait to see benchmarks in MSFS with 6900 XT.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |