Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

Strange workaround discovered by people with rain issues

10 hours ago, Alvega said:

I've seen heavy rain and wet runways with live weather. I even posted here a couple times when that happened so people could check it out. 

Same...and its easy to make it rain also,,so I dont know,  it may not be the right time or the right place compared to whats going on in the real world but it does happen.

The cable dance is a variant of the rain dance.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

hmmm makes me wonder if I get a better cable and a larger display then my runways will be bigger and it will be easier to land.hmmm

7 hours ago, odourboy said:

I'm sorry. That was mean of me. My warped sense of humour some times gets the better of me. Lol

I thought “nah that’s impossible.  But I better read every line in the chart just to be sure” 😅

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I don't like how the rain works, it's completely invisible at speed and even when on the runway, it's just water drops on the windows. No fogging and no effects near the borders, it looks fake.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

I know it's all very funny for some of you who have no issue - and I also can't see how the cable makes any difference - but what about 'changing the cable could cause some sort of graphics reset.'?  Does that have any merit, or am I just imagining there's now rain on the screen which I didn't have before? And please don't bother replying if you are only trying to be terribly humorous. 

1 minute ago, MorrisMinor said:

I know it's all very funny for some of you who have no issue - and I also can't see how the cable makes any difference - but what about 'changing the cable could cause some sort of graphics reset.'?  Does that have any merit, or am I just imagining there's now rain on the screen which I didn't have before? And please don't bother replying if you are only trying to be terribly humorous. 

Its complete BS...

im on display port and I never see rain or wet runways with live weather only see rain if I select the rain preset, but i doubt very much this has anything at all to do with a display cable

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

13 hours ago, Alvega said:

I've seen heavy rain and wet runways with live weather. I even posted here a couple times when that happened so people could check it out. 

But with light real weather rain do you have wet runways? because in my case, are dry unless I set the rain preset

10 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Reguralery have it on various european airport. And once in canada. But using unreal weather. 

wdym by unreal weather?

Edited by aleex

23 minutes ago, aleex said:

But with light real weather rain do you have wet runways? because in my case, are dry unless I set the rain preset

wdym by unreal weather?

I have never seen a wet runway yet with live or preset weather

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

26 minutes ago, aleex said:

wdym by unreal weather?

itsa  third party app for weather,,,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aleex said:

wdym by unreal weather?

Not with light rain, only with heavy rain. The few times I saw wet runways with live weather I checked the metar and it had a +RA on it, which means heavy rain. 

And this is not with any weather addon, it's with MSFS live weather.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I have never seen a wet runway yet with live or preset weather

It is a bit random.

Sometimes with the default rain preset you do not see wet runways until it has been raining a while.  Other times it never gets wet.  But then one time I switched from the rain preset to "Clear Skies" and the runway stayed wet.

On the other hand with the nexus mods "Scattered Showers" preset (which is how I usually fly VFR) I have seen a wet runway while it is raining that instantly dries the very second the cloud moves away and the rain stops.

It really is unpredictable and hard to say what is actually going on. For example is the wet runway appearing after its been raining a while a bit of very clever and realistic programming or is it  just  a bug where the runway takes a while to load the wet textures ? really hard to say.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

5 hours ago, aleex said:

wdym by unreal weather?

Oh yea sorry, its a mod, litraly called Unreal Weather 🙂 And yes, wet runways too.

• Like 1