Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimhetzer

Anyone Figured Out How To Stop Hesitations?

Even at higher FPS 20 - 30 the sim experiences large random hesitations. When its not doing that it flys smooth. It appears that something is downloading when this happens. I've tried reducing sliders but the problem still persists. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of these without lowering the quality of the sim so much that it is not worth flying?Mike

You need to make sure no other processes are running whilethe sim is. IE: anything that will access the disk, virusscan, etc, etc. What you describe is not normal for FSX. Even on my mediocre box, I don't have much pausing unlessI overload my vid card. And to do that, I have to push upthe sliders to make it happen. In my "normal" slider config, I don't get that. I don't see FSX being any worse than FS9when it comes to stutters. So something is going on with yourbox to cause that. I'd try shutting down everything you can before you fire up the sim. MK

Do you have your frame rate slider set at unlimited? If so try turning it down to around 18-20.Just a guess.Matt

Guest RGH

Hi MikeI have noticed when flying with real world weather updated every 15 minutes, when it changes depending were you are faults arise one is frame rates can drop from +20 down to 02 or 03 flight over.another problem was jerky flight even though the FPS were good,as I said this only happens to me on one route.I have told MS.Regards.Rex

I have all background programs shutdown. I even use "Enditall" for that. There is zero in my icon tray. Anti aliasing is completely off. I am not using real weather. Even so I still get the hesitations.Mike

GaryGB:Many thanks!!! I used Filemon and found out that EnditAll wasn't ending it all. I had a couple of applications coming on and off which was causing about 95% of my problems. Most of the hesitations are gone. Still have some when looking at downtown Seattle, New York and etc. but then the fps are real low also in those instances.Once again thanks again.Mike

Guest jimhetzer

I have the same problem. I've done just about everything I can find. I run an pretty beefy box. And the pauses are just unbareable. To the point were me and my wife are going back to 2004. I run a P4 DuoCore, 4GB Cosair Ram, Radeon x1800 Crossfire, with a terabyte of Seagate Beracudas. I finally got to the point where the graphics are decent but the pauses are not. I have cut down my processes to as low as I can go.Ideas?- Jim

>I have the same problem. I've done just about everything I>can find. I run an pretty beefy box. And the pauses are just>unbareable. To the point were me and my wife are going back>to 2004. I run a P4 DuoCore, 4GB Cosair Ram, Radeon x1800>Crossfire, with a terabyte of Seagate Beracudas. >>I finally got to the point where the graphics are decent but>the pauses are not. I have cut down my processes to as low as>I can go.>>Ideas?>>- JimThats pretty weird.. Your box blows mine away, but I have little stuttering at all. And I don't totally shut everythingdown first either. I kill the major stuff, but I'm sure I stillhave some resident crud.. But still, mine runs quite smoothjust as long as I stay away from places that overstressthe video. It's just as smooth as FS9 was even running twiceor higher frame rate. Tells me it's a config problem or resident program rather than an issue of brute horsepower. My box is only a P4 at about 3.15 ghz and a 9800pro. 1 gig of ram..Like I say, your box should blow mine away. Of course, I'll get the occasional small stutter when doing a load, but everysim I've had would do that. FS9 could stutter quite well itselfin some places. On my box, FSX is no worse than FS9 ever was.It just has a lower average frame rate, and seems much moretaxing to a 128m video card. :/MK

Well, I spoke too soon. It reduced the hesitations somewhat, but they are still there. I don't think I will ever get this FSX running smooth. Oh #%&*!!!.Mike

This all might go back to a problem previous FS versions had. If the machine was too fast it would cause really bad stutters. If I remember correctly, the solution was setting the frame rate limiter lower or increasing the texture bandwidth multiplier setting in the fs.cfg file.Matt

Guest jimhetzer

The flight itself isn't too bad, but the gauges jumping is almost unusable. At least for my wife. We both play the game, actually her more than me. I think I am just her tech support sometimes. :-) She is able to fly completely on gauges. And the hesitations just make the gauges hard to use. I have never thought of lowering the FPS, I always tried 17+. Where do you suggest?As for the FRL or the TBM what is a good setting? Are the settings in there already or do I need to add them?- Jim

You guys should be really happy to have wifes that fly with you :))That alone should outbalance the FPS problems :))Happy landings,Cristi