Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimhetzer

Anyone Figured Out How To Stop Hesitations?

Guest hmslion

Uninstall FSX and go back to FS9. The stutters will be miraculously gone. Colin in Portland

>GaryGB:>>Many thanks!!! I used Filemon and found out that EnditAll>wasn't ending it all. I had a couple of applications coming>on and off which was causing about 95% of my problems. Most>of the hesitations are gone. You do know that EndItAll is a good program but it does not really absolutely end it all 100% of the time. The only SURE fire way to end all unneeded services and tasks is to go through your running services and manually turn off/deactivate those that you don't want or need. It's kind of painstaking work but you only need to do it once, and maybe check it once in a while.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest abulaafia

You ever found a solution to the little pauses? I get them mostly over water, and high altitudes. funny enough. Can't be downloads as I disconnect from the Internet. I must have tried every conceivable setting. Praying that SP1 will fix things. If not I don't know what I'll do. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=bbgrfs.zipscreens on http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abulaafia/

Yes Geoff, high AA does that IF I run in windowed mode on FS9....(cause there's no vsync like in full screen mode, so your FPS can EXCEED your refresh rate of your monitor, mines 60hz = 60FPS)Whenever I ran FS9 at like 30-40-50+ FPS I'd get microstutters while flying.to the OP: what Geoff said. try locking your FPS at say 26 if you have a nice system, or 20 if your system is older....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Even at higher FPS 20 - 30 the sim experiences large random>hesitations. When its not doing that it flys smooth. It>appears that something is downloading when this happens. I've>tried reducing sliders but the problem still persists. Has>anyone figured out how to get rid of these without lowering>the quality of the sim so much that it is not worth flying?>>MikeCheck to see at what time, after STARTING FSX, that these stutters occur. ( WinXP Pro )On my system, at EXACTLY 30 minutes from starting FSX andat 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, etc, I get severe stutteringwhen FSX apparently goes into a "validation" cycle. It goes out and accesses the /Crypto/RSA directory THOUSANDSof times over a several second period. The 30-minute event is less severe than the hourly events.Those last for 15-20 seconds and play havoc with FSUIPC, whichlosses contact with SimConnect. FileMon will show all those events. Just set a filter on the"Application DataMicrosoftCrypto" path. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Is there a list anywhere of the programs and applications that HAVE to be left running?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>GaryGB:>>Many thanks!!! I used Filemon and found out that EnditAll>wasn't ending it all. I had a couple of applications coming>on and off which was causing about 95% of my problems. Most>of the hesitations are gone. Still have some when looking at>downtown Seattle, New York and etc. but then the fps are real>low also in those instances.>>Once again thanks again.>>MikeWhich applications where still running that caused you stuttering?

Guest SoarPics

Is there a list anywhere of the programs and applications that HAVE to be left running?Major Geeks has archived Black Viper's (inactive site at this time) XP Services recommendations. Use at your own risk (which is the short way of saying that you should take the time to study and be comfortable with tweaking the services in XP :-) ).http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12

Hi All:In a UK PC magazine I read about another very informative utility (free for non-commercial use) which revealed some things running on my system that no other utility I have tried has ever shown me before.It is called: "What's Running" and can be found at:http://www.whatsrunning.net/whatsrunning/main.aspxHighly recommended to check this one out!Hope this helps!:-) GaryGB

Mike,I have the exact same problem. I take off, the flight progresses for about 1 minute and then wham! The whole sim stops, a second passes, and then the sim starts back up and the aircraft shifts from left to right and then continues to fly normally. After a few more minutes it happens again. Note: I get the normal small stutters around large airports and cities but this pause happens no matter where I'm flying.I too have reduced the processes running on my system including anti-virus software - no joy - still the same problem.I incorporated all the tweaks found on the Internet and made the necessary settings in the various config files. I'm running "normal" autogen but the pause happens even if I turn the autogen off. I've also tried cutting my AI traffic to 0% - still no joy. I've tried setting all the sliders left - still no joy.I'll try the two products mentioned in this thread to see if that makes a difference but I have my doubts.As to my system specs:Intel motherboard 955Intel CPU - 3.8GHzRAM - Corsair 4GbGraphics - NVidia 7800GTX(2) 250Gb HDDs RAID 1 configLiquid cooledThis system should be enough to eliminate all but the common stutters.fb

My system stops occaisionally and reloads the scenery.It just takes a few seconds.Is thia what you are referring to?Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I also had the same problem even when shutting down services with FSAutostart.But....McAfee never stops working completely even if you shut it down and despite I have a McAfee account running for few more months I just wanted to check with Avast so I uninstalled McAfee and no more pauses until now (2 days already but not enough to be 100% sure of the result)best regards,David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>I also had the same problem even when shutting down services>with FSAutostart.>But....McAfee never stops working completely even if you shut>it down and despite I have a McAfee account running for few>more months I just wanted to check with Avast so I uninstalled>McAfee and no more pauses until now (2 days already but not>enough to be 100% sure of the result)>best regards,With my old machine, FS9, and a demo version of anti-spyware, I'd have to shut it down, or get pauses every three seconds. When I installed the full retail version, it no longer had the problem.With my newer setup, I run McAfee full time, and have no problem with either FSX or FS9. I did find, that in my case, running unlimited fps has an effect with stutters, where on my old machine, it didn't.L.Adamson