65% more efficient compared to RDNA, Infinity Cache brings twice the effective memory bandwidth with a 256-bit bus compared to a 384-bit bus, full DirectX 12 Ultimate support (including DirectX Ray-tracing). Radeon Anti-Lag is the answer to NVIDIA Reflex, and Super Resolution is being worked on, probably as an answer to DLSS.

• Radeon RX 6900 XT - $999, 80 CUs, 16GB VRAM, 300W TBP. Trades blows with the RTX 3090 at 4K while costing $500 less, consuming less power, with a more compact size.
  • Radeon RX 6800 XT - $650, 72 CUs, 16GB VRAM, 300W TBP. Trades blows with the RTX 3080 at 1440p and 4K while costing $50 less and consuming less power.
  • Radeon RX 6800 - $580, 60 CUs, 16GB VRAM, 250W TBP. 18% faster than the RTX 2080 Ti (and presumably the RTX 3070).

At last, NVIDIA's reign is now over.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 4

Looks like I might go AMD, assuming the benchmarks look good. Only issue is driver support. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Looks like I might go AMD, assuming the benchmarks look good. Only issue is driver support. 

Now that Ampere users are getting the same problems with RX 5000 cards due to instability caused by PCIe 4.0 and the high power spikes, it seems that all those issues were not fully down to AMD's drivers. They are not perfect, but then NVIDIA's are not either. If ray-tracing performance is good enough, then the only thing that AMD need an answer to is DLSS.

• Like 1

added insult to nvidia was the botched supply chain issues.  They could/should have had their new cards in the hands of the potential buyers much quicker.  I've literally been waiting to buy a non scalped 3090.  But now...  Maybe or maybe not.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Specs and initial presentation looks good.

Waiting on at least 4 third party reviews before i take the bait.

Gamers Nexus

Hardware Unboxed

Jays 2 Cents

Hardware Canucks

and ill take a look at Toms Hardware if im in the mood.

The 6800Xt and a 5800x cpu should fit the bill very nicely if everything holds together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/28/21538010/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-specs-release-date-price-big-navi-gpu-graphics

AMD is introducing three new Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards today that will take on Nvidia’s latest RTX 3000 Series of GPUs. There’s the Radeon RX 6800 XT ($649), which goes up against the RTX 3080; the Radeon RX 6800 ($579), which can be compared to the RTX 2080 Ti or RTX 3070; and finally the Radeon RX 6900 XT ($999), which is pitted against Nvidia’s giant RTX 3090.

All three are based on AMD’s latest RDNA 2 technology that’s also found inside the PS5 and Xbox Series X. These latest Radeon cards will support hardware-accelerated ray tracing for next-gen games, and AMD is promising to go head to head with Nvidia in 4K and 1440p PC gaming.

The new $649 Radeon RX 6800 XT is aimed at Nvidia’s RTX 3080 specifically, promising performance in 4K and 1440p gaming that matches or exceeds Nvidia’s latest card for $50 less. It comes equipped with 16GB of GDDR6 memory, a 2015Mhz base clock, 2250Mhz boost clock, 20.74 teraflops of GPU performance, and 72 compute units overall.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It's not the 50 bucks difference, its the 16GB VRAM and hopefully this would not be a vaporware like NVidia.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 3

Manny

Before I get too excited...could some Radion folks help answer this Q.

With Nvidia cards, I can  put two different family of nivdea cards on the  PC and connect up to 8 monitors.  Yes, My home cokpit has 7 screens...for 3 in the front 27" X 3  + 1 touch screen, 1  tiny monitor for G530, and two for left window and right window.

Can I do something like that using Radion? If I get this video card, can I add an older Radeon card and then connect 7-8 monitors?

Anyone?

Manny

The RX 6800 for $579 looks like a winner. Faster than a 2080 Ti by a wide margin, which means it will beat the RTX 3070 as well, plus 16GB VRAM. My next complete system build will also be an AMD 5000 Rizen based system. 

PtbrnR5.png

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I think the RX 6800 XT is now going to be the best card for 4K gaming. It has just the right amount of VRAM, the RTX 3080 is a bit tight in that regard while costing $50 more, and with the 20GB version now cancelled... NVIDIA need a good response to AMD's line-up if they want to remain competitive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I think the RX 6800 XT is now going to be the best card for 4K gaming. It has just the right amount of VRAM, the RTX 3080 is a bit tight in that regard while costing $50 more, and with the 20GB version now cancelled... NVIDIA need a good response to AMD's line-up if they want to remain competitive.

They just need to have the stuff available and on the shelves.... 

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 minute ago, Maxis said:

They just need to have the stuff available and on the shelves.... 

A few weeks before the marketing manager hinted that it will not be a paper launch, and a few days ago AMD issued guidelines to retailers to combat the scalpers. With corona in full effect I don't think the supply will be plentiful, but it will probably not be as bad as the Ampere launch.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't really blown away by the performance of the new AMD cards. At the moment (with current drivers) the AMD cards are on par with Nvidia, but that's AMD speaking. We will need to see independant reviews before we can safely say that AMD has indeed caught up with Nvidia. Also, we haven't seen raytracing speeds yet and, more importantly, how these cards performs with flightsims.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

4 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I wasn't really blown away by the performance of the new AMD cards. At the moment (with current drivers) the AMD cards are on par with Nvidia, but that's AMD speaking. We will need to see independant reviews before we can safely say that AMD has indeed caught up with Nvidia. Also, we haven't seen raytracing speeds yet and, more importantly, how these cards performs with flightsims.

i agree that we need to see the benchmarks first.  But this is a flight sim forum.  Who cares about ray tracing   

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next