Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

HP Reverb G2 has started shipping but no VR beta?

The HP Reverb G2 started shipping today and I definitely remember Asobo saying that they'd have VR ready in time for G2 release.

As far as I know, no one has even started closed beta testing of VR.
I guess they're running behind, which is understandable, but they maybe shouldn't have claimed that the G2 shipping (which was delayed anyway) was their hard date to deliver VR.

I'm now wondering if we'll see a public VR release at all this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nickhod said:

The HP Reverb G2 started shipping today and I definitely remember Asobo saying that they'd have VR ready in time for G2 release.

As far as I know, no one has even started closed beta testing of VR.
I guess they're running behind, which is understandable, but they maybe shouldn't have claimed that the G2 shipping (which was delayed anyway) was their hard date to deliver VR.

I'm now wondering if we'll see a public VR release at all this year.

The wonders of marketing, my friend.

Bart

14 hours ago, conundrum said:

It’s started shipping to distributors, not end users.

Who are shipping it straight on to end users. Some units should be in the hands of end users first couple of weeks of November.

I’m not in the closed beta but I’m led to believe it’s happening very soon which is great. If it’s not in VR I’m not interested. 

• Like 1

"this week" ends today. and supposedly there was some ...VR... folders somewhere included in yesterdays v5 update, perhaps it just needs to be unlocked somehow by the VR beta testers. we shall see.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

18 hours ago, conundrum said:

So they’ve still got time to start the beta. Not too surprising about a delay.

Then this is gonna be the shortest Beta ever if it ends when G2 launches ...

OP stated it was already shipping, I simply corrected him. Some distributors don’t even seem to be aware of that notice.

I don’t disagree with him or you about the timeline being missed. A game dev giving a “hard date” that isn’t met is par for the course. It’s basically right up there with “didn’t anticipate the demand”. At least HP isn’t using *that* excuse.

Expect many false promises from the dev team. Useless springs to mind. 

Keith Sandford.

Invite emails have already been sent out, and the VR software is already available to test. There is a post here in the forums that explains how to access it.

• Like 3

Some distributors are starting to give dates like january for their orders ... it seems only people who ordered early from "official partners" will get the G2 in the upcoming weeks ...it seems this is gonna be like Valve Index, a very slow rolling launch.