Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

HP Reverb G2 has started shipping but no VR beta?

See? Actually, even the pre-order partners for the US and Canada don't seem to have a clue when their units are coming. CDW seems to have shipped one, but they were charging more than the going rate.

Expect some news soon about the G2 and Flight simulation:

Edited by RXP
except -> expect (wasn't expected LOL)
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

22 hours ago, RXP said:

Except some news soon about the G2 and Flight simulation:

Some hours ago, this guy said on a direct youtube streaming while he was unboxing his reverb 2 he is part of the VR beta proram from msfs 2020  and it's absolutely amazing. He can not say anything else, just wait when asobo allows him to deploy more information.

Here at 19:32

• Like 1

Guys... They said release, not "shipping preorders". The G2 is not yet released and it will still be quite a few weeks. They just started shipping preorders. That's it. 

As of yesterday afternoon, according to staff in a store in Melbourne, they have 12 in stock

Indeed it looks like Europe is experiencing another delay

Another review comparing with Pimax 8kx. 

The first few seconds might put you off, but give it a chance as it's not bad imho

Edited by dogmanbird

I just got my notification that my order has shipped three days ago. I'm to expect to receive mine in the next two days. I ordered mine in august.

I received mine a week ago and I am really happy with it.     The clarity is so much better than my index.  Of course I cant use MSFS yet but aircraft in DCS, il2, there is nothing I cannot read.

Even in DCS's F16, the small MFD's which are a lot smaller then the ones in the a10, f18 are easily readably..  No more leaning in or setting up specific views to quickly get close to them.   Maps no longer strain your eyes as your nrain tried to focus on something that can't be focused on as it's not out of focus, it's just lacking resolution.

I can't wait, MSFS has been long gone from my library because I went VR only some time back but this should be awesome.

and what about FPS? did you notice an important fps loss from index to reverb 2?

No, not really.   I guess because they  often can't get 90 anyway so end up in reprojection.

I didn't AB them but my first impression was that WMR reprojection technology was  smoother so I forced it on with an option WMR gives of 'motion vector' and it feels like it is 90.  No issues there at all.  For my sim racing I still get the 90 I had but things are a lot clearer, it really is great.

That is currently with an amd 5800x and a 1080ti.  I may have a 3080 at the end of the week, otherwise next week and I look forward to seeing what it does. 

In Canada BC got a few but still waiting for Ontario to get any at all

( Gracious  Info from pc-canada support personnel regarding my pre-order)

Edited by peppy197

Got mine today here in Canada

Works great in P3DV4/5

Had some trouble in XP11 with extreme head movements

No good for Netflix so far

Thanks for the feedback. They've been out of stock here for at least 3 weeks. I've just bought a 3080 and hopefully the G2 will be next when I find one in stock.