Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

Has anybody tried 5.1 in VR ? Is it any better than 5.0HF2.

I have a rift S.

Cheers

1 hour ago, remcosol said:

Nope they are still here

Dear me!

I feel for Rob and Simbol, both passionate about P3D, both tell them not to release ( did the same for v5 release version) and explain the reasons why and are here clearly to "see"/read, their fears were right.

The one thing I personally wanted was 5.1 to shine, really shine, I will now wait for 5.2, am not spending nights installing everything to go back to it. To much pain for two aircraft.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, vvince said:

Has anybody tried 5.1 in VR ? Is it any better than 5.0HF2.

I have a rift S.

Cheers

Same performance but better smoothnes. WMR HP REVERB user.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The sadest part of the story for me is, that it would be so easy and take so little, by just communicating to the crowd like

"...folks, because we are working hard on further developing our/yours P3D to give you the best experience posssible and this will take more time as exspected, we have released meanwhile another HF 3 for V5.0, to provide you at least with some fixes of major bugs which you are despereate for. Please don´t exspect a revolution as this will not be accomplished by this HF. Be patient for another dot.# release which will bring more features when they are available."

This would be honest, and respectfull to the community.

On the other hand, i´am still very very happy with V5.0 because of the never seen before smoothness. After a short sneak into EA i´am using V5 in legacy mode with EnvShade and AktiveSky and i´am still convinced it was the right decision to switch from 4.5 anyway. I hope, that this Hotfix may bring some more stabilty and as long things are not getting worse compared to V5.0 i would not complain. Eventually the staff from HiFi will bring us some more satisfaction for the new athmospehric model, as they did a great job for V5.0 without EA.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Despite the areas where I experience heavy stuttering when flying over the UK, I get the feeling that sticking with P3Dv4.5HF2 was the best option for me. Too many issues and/or limitations with P3Dv5 and the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have the best of both worlds (VFR/IFR) when flying the PMDG 737NGX over ORBx TrueEarth scenery, so I see no reason to change any time soon.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, simbol said:

We pointed out the issues with objects visible thru clouds.

The problem is related to alpha blending, LM correct it for their own objects but you need to install the content and scenery section as well. If you still see these is more related to 3rd party content that will need updates.

Hey Simbol,

Thank you for voicing your concerns to LM. This alpha blending thing is a show-stopper for me. Any idea how time-consuming this correction process is for developers? Orbx TE literally has thousands of objects that show through. Would they have to individually correct every one? I've already resigned to the fact that most developers won't even bother, with the idea that the onus is on LM to correct the problem. (And they would have a point.) 

Edited by bbain1187

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Dear me!

I feel for Rob and Simbol, both passionate about P3D, both tell them not to release ( did the same for v5 release version) and explain the reasons why and are here clearly to "see"/read, their fears were right.

The one thing I personally wanted was 5.1 to shine, really shine, I will now wait for 5.2, am not spending nights installing everything to go back to it. To much pain for two aircraft.

dave you sound like your surprised that LM dont actually care too much about simmers only corporate clients.

if you came up to me at a avation conference and asked me how I felt about the company I work for in an "offical type of on the record type of question" I would give you a certain offical answer, it would be complete rubbish but thats the answer I would have to give you,  Id get sacked otherwise

If you then took me out for a beer afterwards and asked me the same questions between 2 guys over a pint id give you a different answer based on truths.

If you asked my missus who works in the NHS at a NHS conference an "offical type of on the record type of question"  she would tell you "shes rushed off her feet in current climate and she deserves a pay rise because of all the hard work shes due due covid"  If she didnt she'd get sacked.

Then if you took her out for a beer afterwards and asked her the same question between 2 friends over a pint she give you a different answer.  She tell you shes never had it so good with nothing to do.

But she aint going to tell you that offically is she.

The point im making here is just because some dude from LM whispered in simbols ear at a conference and said they love simmers, and told Rob 2 years ago that last year was going to be the year of the simmer doesnt actually mean much,  and espically now ms2020 is out, im sure they will focus all their effort and man power on corporate and military clients like they always have done.  Id be willing to bet a large wager thats what the top dogs at LM have told them. Id also wager a guess the US Military is about to get a lot less money in the next 4 years , so Ill wager they are striking while the iron is hot 

I fell slightly sorry for them , but I could of told you 5 years ago a defense contractor doesnt care about Derek from Hampshire in his 60s or Darren from Stockport in his teens.  They are after bigger more profitable fish with 3 stars on their uniforms.

youre a clever guy Dave surely can see that   its a shame the other 2 didnt.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

I am just sticking with P3dv5HF2 until 5.2 arrives

Works pretty good with FSL/PMDG/Leonardo birds to say the least

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi, I have 2 quick questions:

• is EA an option to disable in v5.1?
  • is alpha blending an issue in legacy (non-EA) mode in v5.1?

I use v5.0 but non-EA mode and have some problems with trees edge transparency, so I'm curious if it's fixed. The same for PBR (bluish switches inside NGXu cockpit, etc.).

Have a great day pilots.

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

I am just sticking with P3dv5HF2 until 5.2 arrives

Works pretty good with FSL/PMDG/Leonardo birds to say the least

Michael Moe

But you might as well update to 5.1 to at least fix the CTD issue with SimConnect windows. Unless you don't use GSX then maybe it's not such a big issue.

8 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

But you might as well update to 5.1 to at least fix the CTD issue with SimConnect windows. Unless you don't use GSX then maybe it's not such a big issue.

i was thinking this.

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Same performance but better smoothnes. WMR HP REVERB user.

Thanks

I certainly learnt my lesson not to update too quickly 

Updated to Win 10 v 2004 for MSFS2020 and P3Dv5 hf2

Everything great except I lost all my Milviz planes

Still not available and that was June-are we spoiled?

For a Bush Flyer that’s a real downer!

P3Dv5.1 will be on the back burner for a while!
xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling