Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

49 minutes ago, simbol said:

LM is not stopping development, they have great plans.. They are just not delivered yet..

ive just screenshoted that to show you in a years time.  the same as how you always came to their rescue by saying "it will be fixed in 5.1" 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Maybe we should remember how long it took for P3Dv4 to mature!
Patience is a virtue...

Richard.

• Like 3

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

No, they follow the 4 types that can be set via UI in custom weather.

Rob - What are your thoughts on TrueSky generally speaking?  I have seen all the past demo videos and it looks awesome but maybe it is hard to implement in the sim?  Is it possible to have smooth WX transitions with the help of HiFI?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

18 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

No, they follow the 4 types that can be set via UI in custom weather.

Cheers, Rob

That is a pitty. It would be nice if a 3.Party can create several cloud types which also can be injected.triggered by the weather addon. 4 cloud types is a bit "minimalistic" I would say.

Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, remcosol said:

ANOTHER issue, reality xp gps is not tracking in nav anymore.........

Strange -- the RXP GTN750 tracks fine for me. Milviz WX radar also seems to work.

Al

Edited by ark

I'm approaching 5.1 as I do most updates--before installing I let it age a few weeks in the download box until my add-ons can catch up.  Nobody that's been simming for more than about a month should really expect that a day after a release all their add-ons will be happily humming along together on the upgraded platform.

One thing I have here that makes potential upgrade-related issues a lot less daunting is keeping a good parallel installation of v4.5 to fall back on.  For the majority of folks that are on v5 that also have a good license for v4, all I can say is that SSDs are cheap now, and preserving a fairly bullet-proof fallback sure can make the blood pressure drop off a bit.  You can upgrade and wrassle with v5 without touching a good working v4.5 setup on the same PC.

Honestly, I was never all that interested in EA--for me sim clouds are more a mechanism that serves the purpose of restricting visibility and presenting visible moisture (e.g. icing), not so much an art form.  The clouds I get from ASCA and ActiveSky serve that purpose well.  Sure, I'd be pleased to see better artistic effect with EA or some other solution (who wouldn't?), but it's way down on the list of important capabilities in the context of a functionally useful simulation environment.

I'm more interested in some of the less spectacular, yet still-needed fixes I've seen detailed in 5.1--the Scaleform text window crashes will not be missed, and there are, among others, code changes related to kernelbase.dll CTD issues, which is welcome as v5.0 hasn't exactly been the epitome of stability thus far.  Even without EA, a more stable, crash-free platform would constitute a worthy point release in its own right.

Last, I see lamentations here about how this is a disappointing year for simming.  I think that sentiment is misplaced...the result of a generally awful year for lots of unrelated reasons, but most of all, a result of letting our imaginations run away with us while we formed and then stewed ourselves in hot cauldron of really unrealistic expectations.  The history of this hobby is one of incremental progress...understanding that one enduring fact keeps me from expecting the moon regardless of the advertising puffery and PR malpractice that is foisted upon us, or from the teeming masses trying to speculate into existence the things they want/need/expect on the internet.  The happy truth when I look around is that my sim platform is better and more capable today than it was a year ago, and a year ago it was better than it was the year before, etc.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Could anyone explain what this fix/update does?

- View groups now support single-pass rendering mode to increase performance.

I use a view group across 3 monitors as my main view but it costs performance and fps.  

Thanks 

Rich Cooke

40 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

ive just screenshoted that to show you in a years time.  the same as how you always came to their rescue by saying "it will be fixed in 5.1" 

If that’s how you stand for things in real life you will be surprised if you leave your bubble. My god, this kind of behavior isn’t helpful towards the community. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

But you might as well update to 5.1 to at least fix the CTD issue with SimConnect windows. Unless you don't use GSX then maybe it's not such a big issue.

I have GSXL2 but havent had a CTD yet

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

If that’s how you stand for things in real life you will be surprised if you leave your bubble. My god, this kind of behavior isn’t helpful towards the community. 

Humor is lost on some people 

14ppkc-6.png

Another issue with the trueSKY people have been mentioning is scenery objects behind the clouds popping out, but I am unable to reproduce it. Could someone post screenshots showing the issue?

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

1 hour ago, ark said:

Strange -- the RXP GTN750 tracks fine for me. Milviz WX radar also seems to work.

Al

I do not understand it , the p3d gps tracks fine, reality xp not. Went back to p3dv5 hf2 is ok again....

Still haven't updated to v5.1 yet and really wondering. Is v5.1 really that bad? Is it worse than v5.0 HF2? My experience with EA was great so far, and now I am afraid of updating. I know that there are some visual glitches with clouds but most of them are related to the trueSKY itself (they can also be observed in other software using trueSKY) and I am pretty much used to them. I am mostly afraid of the scenery objects behind the clouds popping out issue (even though haven't been able to reproduce it so far), could someone elaborate on that?

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

You can always turn the EA off. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Colors and general "atmosphere" is not too bad once you get up in the air. 
Milviz B350i seems to work fine in 5.1. Just missing my ezdok and Active Sky

pXhgucz.jpg

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |