Sign in to follow this  
Guest fireboss

FSG Mesh..Anyone...Anyone

Has anyone purchased the FSG terrain mesh for FSX yet? I was just wondering if there is an FPS hit or stutter hit from using this product as an addon. I have finally got FSX running where I want it, and would love to have the addon to improve accuracy, but would pass for now if it would mean dropping some sliders way down. Thanks for any input...happy flyingDanon - -

Guest fireboss

I purchased the FSG Mesh, but cannot install it yet.Error 1722

Is the 1722 error with the mesh or with FSX? - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Definatly one of the best add-on I have ever bought. Both for quality and service. You will not be dissapointed.I am running at 100% Accuracy & 5M mesh, with unoticable frame rate impact. No BS. Don't know about any stutter issues, but I do not have any. (also running fiber frame at .21 & Texture Bandwidth at 300. I am not to sure, but I remember Justin stating something about a "new" way that the elevations is read? Definatly not the impact as seen with FS9. Lots of good info in his forum.Regards'GarettAMD 64 X2 4800+ @ 2.8mhz|ASUS A8N-SLI Premium|2G Mushkin BLK XP4000 3-3-4-8 @ 500mhz|2 X WDJ250 72K Raid 0|1X 120 10K Cuda|EVGA 7900GTXKO512 @ 682/1700 DV91.47|Audigy 2ZS Premium|Logitech Z-5500 Speakers|Silverstone Strider 750W PS|Saitek EVO|P199 19

I have the entire North American product and it is terrific. Justin has been providing quality service for years and I purchase with confidence. The 9.6 meter mesh certainly brought southeastern PA alive. Highly recommended.Bob...

Well....if it does not slow me down I would really consider it. Did you see a huge improvement? Im guessing yes..So the mesh gives you better high and low points..right?? But the textures on top will still be those of FSX. Any problems with water being on the side of mts. or anything like that, since I guess the textures would potentially be in a different shape than before?thanks for any additional input that may persuade me to go ahead and get it.Danon - -

Guest JIMJAM

If somebody can convince me certain problems I had with the mesh with fs9 are not present in fsx, I will get it.I bought all the fsg mesh for the US,hawaii,Alaska for fs9.Alot of airports were raised and some were sunken in the ground. I really liked the terrain features but when the airports were raised it just ruined the realism.So how did FSX take to the FSG mesh?

Guest Rake7575

Any screen shots from the FSG/FSX users would be appreciated. Thanks!Rake

You will probably see an increase in the number of airports raised and sunken because of the increased resolution. Bob..

Guest fireboss

Sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out. I never got the sim running long enough to load the mesh.

I second that...Any comparison screenies would be wonderful.I would be concerned of raised or lowered airports as well. I guess I just really am impressed with the default mesh quality, that I want to make sure its worth the cash at the moment. Thanks for the help guys..Danon - -

Guest Speed

THe raised/lowered effect seems to be less than that of FS9 + FSG. I guess because FSX is starting off with more accurate elevation data than FS9.I have only flown around NY & CT with FSG so far but the small hills of area really need the extra resolution to become realistic.I was getting a lot of stutters but I hadnt yet defraged by mesh drive and am pretty sure it was from the disk activity.