Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

Ok tested and Im not sure that its only placebo 😉 effect. I honestly don't see much difference between 45, 90 and without this entry.

Added entry (45):

4N7M3n3l.jpg

Added entry (90) :

0dDZaI5l.jpg

Without:

TRcuUiNl.jpg

P3D has very poor frame time still. I was taken very bad weather with rain to to maximize the system stress.

For example in DCS I have frame entry about 10-15. Here near 25, ups.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, ah2511 said:

I get the stutters too, but oddly only for the terrain/landscape (especially looking out the side window). The VC is butter smooth. Oddly enough this never happened with v4.5HF3

I’ll try the frame rate limiter, do you guys set it in the sim or nvidia inspector?

My specs are:

- 10700K @ 5.0GHz

- 32GB RAM

Cheers

No, motion reprojection if its ON do this job good. You can Forced ON also (for me forced was better option than enabled).

Do you have 3090? Wow! How it works in P3D VR campared 2080Ti? Im still waiting for my 3090, more than 1 month :/. Shame for NVidia....

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, YoYo said:

No, motion reprojection if its ON do this job good. You can Forced ON also (for me forced was better option than enabled).

Do you have 3090? Wow! How it works in P3D VR campared 2080Ti? Im still waiting for my 3090, more than 1 month :/. Shame for NVidia....

I went from a 1080 and it’s a big step up, barely hits 30% utilisation. I’m running the Rift CV1 at 190% supersampling pretty smooth in v4.5HF3, but getting stutters in v5/v5.1.

Outside of VR, I can run v5.1 smoothly on a 4K screen at about 40fps with most settings maxed.

19 hours ago, YoYo said:

I noticed you were using SteamVR, so I just tried that instead of the Oculus app. MUCH better, almost no stutters. But some annoying issues:

- The LCDs in the PMDG NGXu are shimmering. Happens across all SS levels, and in game MSAA/SSAA on/off doesn't help

- Sometimes the headset will shake despite me being still

Any ideas?

Did you notice it also?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140222

If yes - pls vote it. This new feature is missing in VR mode.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I have 5.1 loaded and so far have been happy with it.  I did notice that the ATC window will not stay up.  It appears to flash and disappear.  Other 2D panels show up (i.e. A2A panels).  Any fixes for this or additional information?

On 11/5/2020 at 9:29 AM, mpo910 said:

Yes Yoyo. In the "section [SIM]. If you don´t have that section, you have to create it.

Also read the Learning center about VR. There are some interesting hints how to setup windows and Steam WMR VR.

You should be aware, that these 40FPS is NOT as LM recommends. They recommend to set the HMD refreshrate, which is in most cases probably 90hz. so you set 90 instead of 40 fps.

Not doing this, can cause lots of stutters at those situations you fly with ca 90 FPS in sim and planes which are not heavy on FPS. You sim gets "decelerated" by this count "40". That is not the case if you stick with the recommendations from LM and set the numbers matching your HMD! Even using half refreshrate numbers like 45 does cause stutters. Read below.

I tested these scenarios:

• Without entrances in SIM section = good performance with FSLabs. No stutters. Bad with all other planes. Stutters due the fact your SIM is constantly trying to reach 90FPS. But if it can´t....it will jump back quickly to the next downward step which is most likely 45FPS. These "up and down" causes stuttering. To mitigate this, insert the recommended section with HMD refreshrate counters in section SIM
  • With entrances and counters set to 45 (which I used before using 90). This causes stutters if the sim can reach higher FPS as 45 and tries to get to the 90is. This causes stutters again, because your sim is jumping up and down again and reduces the output your sim tries to reach by this lowered entrances of for example 40 or 45. 
  • With entrances and counters as recommended, in my case 90, stutter free in almost every situation with every plane. Stock, FSLabs, Aerosoft....etc. Only little stutters if you may not even reach 45 fps within the Sim. But that´s normal behaving.....because 45FPS is the minimum a VR user should try to reach within the sim.....only 90 is better of course

Works like a charm to me! Try it. I am interested to read back from you how do you judge about this.

Happy flyings!

Marcus

apologies, i should have clarified that i use a Rift S (80 hz native) with ASW turned off. this headset seems to run P3D at 40fps by default hence my  settings. 

all the best, pete.

On 11/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, BrettT said:

I have 5.1 loaded and so far have been happy with it.  I did notice that the ATC window will not stay up.  It appears to flash and disappear.  Other 2D panels show up (i.e. A2A panels).  Any fixes for this or additional information?

You must not use for ATC html windows.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 11/7/2020 at 6:08 PM, peteregan3 said:

apologies, i should have clarified that i use a Rift S (80 hz native) with ASW turned off. this headset seems to run P3D at 40fps by default hence my  settings. 

all the best, pete.

I've got Rift S few days ago, and last night I tried to test P3D. It was awful to say at least, fps was between 20 and 30, making even ASW unusable. For ASW to work, at least 27 or 40fps locked.

How do you use 40fps without ASW? It's very jittery, and can cause nausea as I heard.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

You must not use for ATC html windows.

I'm sorry,  i am not sure what this means

5.1 brings new windows to P3D (ATC and simconnect) in html, but this isnt comatible with VR yet. If you back to old version of this windows will be ok again (manually).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Hi,

From yesterday I have my new 3090 and I noticed the big issue for me with his Motion Reprojection (WMR).

I posted it on LM Forum here also: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140306

I recived yesterday my 3090 finally (I had 2080Ti earlier) and I noticed a big issue with Motion Reprojection now in P3D. It wasnt present on my 2080Ti. Now looks like Motion Reprojection works partailly but worse than it was with 2080Ti. I tested Single Pass (my default setting), Stereo, Update and Pre rander - always the same. It looks like if Motion Reprojection will be Turn on (so auto) or Forced on sim generates too many (or too less) FPS. This causes 3D elements to tear in the image, not smooth picture like it was on 2080Ti on the same settings. This effect is really strange and looks worse that it was, it seems to be shaking and tearing the picture. Something is wrong for this GPU and P3Dv5.1 and his Motion Reprojection. I know, its a new brand card but please to check it. I use HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality, SteamVR (SteamVR WMR). The problem is with P3D only and not with my other sims or tested games (DCS, IL-2, here is ok). 😞
Any ideas?

2080Ti worked better for me than 3090 😞 .....ups.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

24 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Hi,

From yesterday I have my new 3090 and I noticed the big issue for me with his Motion Reprojection (WMR).

I posted it on LM Forum here also: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140306

2080Ti worked better for me than 3090 😞 .....ups.

I posted also my experience with my new RTX 3090.....not smooth anymore regardless how low the P3D settings are or how many FPS you have (I have sometimes 150 FPS). Frames are cut way too much and therefore frametimes got also cut too much and are too low. Also FT in ms are having too much spikes and it seems P3D is "running to fast and jumping over some frames - forget or hang to render them??"

My Titan RTX was smoother although had less power. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

I posted ....

Timeframes in P3D in VR are terribles but with 2080Ti generally the smooth efect was quite nice for me. With 3090 looks worse a lot if MR is on. Quite nice and smooth picture is with 60Hz and MR=off (in VR P3Dv5 and 3090 handle stable 60fps what is very good and you dont need to turn on MR) but Personally I dont like 60Hz, I see worse refresh rate and it's also more tiring on the eyes. 90Hz and MR=off is too much for P3D still.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 minute ago, YoYo said:

Timeframes in P3D in VR are terribles but with 2080Ti generally the smooth efect was quite nice for me. With 3090 looks worse a lot if MR is on. Quiet nice and smooth picture is with 60Hz and MR=off (in VR P3Dv5 and 3090 handle stable 60fps what is very good and you dont need to turn on MR) but Personally I dont like 60Hz, I see worse refresh rate and it's also more tiring on the eyes. 90Hz and MR=off is too much for P3D still.

I just turned off the following in my BIOS from my Z490 ASUS board:

Speedstep and Speedshift both disabled. They are in the advanced CPU section of you Bios. Also I temp turned off thermal monitoring.

You can try it to get rid of longer frametimes and my CPU now runs stable 5.0 GhZ (before it was 4,96 GhZ).

But I am seeing the same issues as you do......it is to jittery and somehow doing exact the same flight, with exact the same settings and no weather, has 2 different frametime tables.....some with jitter, some more smooth.

I still think LM is doing some trial and error getting VR better.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png