Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

10 hours ago, YoYo said:

5.1 brings new windows to P3D (ATC and simconnect) in html, but this isnt comatible with VR yet. If you back to old version of this windows will be ok again (manually).

Thanks YoYo , by going back to old version you mean 5.0 HF2 or is there a way to just change the ATC window and keep 5.1?

@YoYo

I also tried running ASP3D on my core 9 and 8, instead of on all cores (my 10 Core 10900k with HT OFF).

It seems that ASP3D is also having a bad influence on the sim, the framespikes came from ASP3D. Now I can maintain more smooth visuals. Still not perfect, but a little better.

Did you tried that? Or are you already running it on other cores as your main core?

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, BrettT said:

Thanks YoYo , by going back to old version you mean 5.0 HF2 or is there a way to just change the ATC window and keep 5.1?

Here, Its for you. VR windows for ATC and simconnect windows (like for example ASP3D weather raport ect).

Go to \Prepar3Dv5\gauges\missionpanels.cfg (do beckup this file also).

Delete whole entry Windows 10-12 in file and use my settings:

[Window10]
window_size               = 0.25, 0.25
position          = 4                
background_color          = 0, 0, 0
alpha_blend               = 0.00
visible              = 0
ident                     = MENU_WINDOW
scaleform_file = menuwindow;
scaleform_instance_name = MenuPrompt;
3dp_worldspace_pos_offset = -1.0515002012252807617, -0.65400016307830810547, 1

[Window11]
window_size               = 0.15, 0.43
position                  = 2                     
visible              = 0
zorder                    = 100
ident                     = ATC_WINDOW
scaleform_file = menuwindow;
scaleform_instance_name = ATC;
3DP_CAMERA_TRANSFORM_REFERENCE=Virtual Cockpit       
3DP_SIZE=0.2,0.35                                                                           
3DP_WORLDSPACE_POS_OFFSET= 0.22,-0.25,0.28                   
3DP_PBH_OFFSET=5,0,50 

[Window12]
window_size               = 0.25, 0.25
position                  = 4                     
visible                   = 0
ident                     = SIMCONNECT_WINDOW
scaleform_file            = MenuWindow            ; Use the generic menu window scaleform content
scaleform_instance_name   = SimConnectWindow      ; Provide a unique instance name  
3DP_SIZE=0.3,0.25                                                                            
3DP_WORLDSPACE_POS_OFFSET= -0.0,-0.05,0.45                   
3DP_PBH_OFFSET=-3,0,0   

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

@YoYo

I also tried running ...

Checked without ASP3D, SkyForce 3D and my SPAD.next panels. The same as it was, that's not it then (with 2080Ti I havent this issue also).

ASP3D can affect CPU only I suppose, no strange spikes on CPU:

ASbtek0l.jpg

Clouds, rain ect affect GPU.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, Pe11e said:

I've got Rift S few days ago, and last night I tried to test P3D. It was awful to say at least, fps was between 20 and 30, making even ASW unusable. For ASW to work, at least 27 or 40fps locked.

How do you use 40fps without ASW? It's very jittery, and can cause nausea as I heard.

pe11e

here's how i run on my system ( TIP: you need steam vr installed, it's free 😊)

(framerate locked to 42 in sim (no nausea, smooth))

1- launch oculus app

2- launch oculus debug tool, disable ASW and Adaptive GPU Scaling. (find it here C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)

3- launch steam vr app   

4-run P3d      

5- in P3D menu - Virtual Reality- USE STEAM VR

this gives me super smooth flights, i think steam vr uses only the oculus service and this frees up resources for the sim.

i use Simstarter NG   to launch P3D because i like the options it gives, but i never get less than 40fps and i find this more than adequate,

all the best, pete

Edited by peteregan3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Checked without ASP3D, SkyForce 3D and my SPAD.next panels. The same as it was, that's not it then (with 2080Ti I havent this issue also).

ASP3D can affect CPU only I suppose, no strange spikes on CPU:

ASbtek0l.jpg

Clouds, rain ect affect GPU.

YoYo,

those magenta "frames" (lines) in your upper graph are definitive display errors. every line is a stutter......This is not normal. The upper graph should look more like the lower graph........

My graph looks exact like yours.......to many "red and magenta" lines.....like the GPU is "overseeing" some frames and just don´t render them.

It is really a bit annoying this fiddling with DX12 from LM. 7 Months now.....catastrophe!

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The Hope is MSFS ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

The Hope is MSFS ;).

Well.....for my sort of flights with FSLABS like products it will at least take a year from now till I can fly vr within MSFS......imagine what P3D will look like in a year from now....

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm still having VRAM creep going into and out of VR in 5.1, using P3d native and SteamVR.  I try to keep switching back and forth to a minimum but it's just sometimes unavoidable.  Anyone else?

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

16 minutes ago, cmorg said:

I'm still having VRAM creep going into and out of VR in 5.1, using P3d native and SteamVR.  I try to keep switching back and forth to a minimum but it's just sometimes unavoidable.  Anyone else?

cmorg

just did a quick test and my vram goes up by 0.1 when i start vr but doesn't change at all and putting on or taking off the headset doesn't change it. (rift s using steam vr)

4 minutes ago, peteregan3 said:

cmorg

just did a quick test and my vram goes up by 0.1 when i start vr but doesn't change at all and putting on or taking off the headset doesn't change it. (rift s using steam vr)

Interesting.  I'll check for driver/Windows updates.  It seems to happen to me when switching between VR and 2d monitor mode through the VR menu (enabling/disabling VR to do things like make changes in FMC or utilize GSX menus, etc.).

Thanks for your input!

Edited by cmorg

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Without MR=on. They have a big problem with programming of Motion reprojection in v5.

oBFhPz8l.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

11 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Without MR=on. They have a big problem with programming of Motion reprojection in v5.

oBFhPz8l.jpg

Yep....I thought that already.

Can you make a screenshot of you P3D App settings within SteamVR, so where you set you MR on or off.

Thanks a lot!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png