Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

52 minutes ago, cmorg said:

Interesting.  I'll check for driver/Windows updates.  It seems to happen to me when switching between VR and 2d monitor mode through the VR menu (enabling/disabling VR to do things like make changes in FMC or utilize GSX menus, etc.).

Thanks for your input!

i'll load up the pmdg737ngx and GSX, see if i get the same problem using those specific addons. i was flying the 737 earlier with no problems but i have CDU/EFIS/MCP hardware so don't tend to open those panels as windows in the sim.

pete

21 minutes ago, peteregan3 said:

i'll load up the pmdg737ngx and GSX, see if i get the same problem using those specific addons. i was flying the 737 earlier with no problems but i have CDU/EFIS/MCP hardware so don't tend to open those panels as windows in the sim.

pete

Much appreciated, Pete.  I did have an NVIDIA driver update and a couple of Windows updates, testing now.  

I'm using the NGXu for the most part, seems that every entry to VR mode utilized VRAM that it didn't totally release upon exit, and the cycle continued until CTD (after notification from P3D, giving option to revert to default settings, which I opted for and still CTD).  

-Chase

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

15 minutes ago, cmorg said:

Much appreciated, Pete.  I did have an NVIDIA driver update and a couple of Windows updates, testing now.  

I'm using the NGXu for the most part, seems that every entry to VR mode utilized VRAM that it didn't totally release upon exit, and the cycle continued until CTD (after notification from P3D, giving option to revert to default settings, which I opted for and still CTD).  

-Chase

just did some tests and the vram usage does go up each time i exit then restart vr, but only by about 0.1 for each switch - unless i undock the light sensor panel, then i get NO increase in vram usage. of course i use the NGX rather than the newer NGXu so there could be differences. 

the light sensor fix is an old one but i seem to get better performance in vr using it, plus i don't get the dreaded white box in the HUD.

pete

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Yep....I thought that already.

Can you make a screenshot of you P3D App settings within SteamVR, so where you set you MR on or off.

Thanks a lot!

Marcus

Its not English W10 but check it here:

Delete  or add // to "motionReprojectionMode": "none", so  // "motionReprojectionMode": "none", in steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings firstly , restart Steam VR after this. It turns off this MR from file.

jopJkwfm.jpg

I fly with 2800pxt also (not in 2160) in Reverb.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Thanks a lot. I will add this too to test

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This option could be good to check: AdvancedPresentationMode for timeframe, but its only in Professional v.of P3D. Pity! 
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/getting_help/advanced_configuration.html

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, peteregan3 said:

just did some tests and the vram usage does go up each time i exit then restart vr, but only by about 0.1 for each switch - unless i undock the light sensor panel, then i get NO increase in vram usage. of course i use the NGX rather than the newer NGXu so there could be differences. 

the light sensor fix is an old one but i seem to get better performance in vr using it, plus i don't get the dreaded white box in the HUD.

pete

Good to know.  I'll have to look up the light sensor fix.  I'm new to VR with P3D and am not familiar with that but have read about the white box in the HUD issue, although I've never experienced it personally.

I'll also experiment with some other things, I think using OVRToolkit and trying to overlay Navigraph Charts windows may be having an impact as well.  I'll also try using different addons that I've not gotten around to installing to 5.1 yet like the QOTSII, FSL busses, and the Dash 8.

In general I'm typically seeing spikes of 0.4 gigs of VRAM each entry, and leaving VR doesn't seem to release that VRAM.  There was one relatively old post on the P3D forums about it but only one or two responses confirming that other users were seeing the issue too, but no fixes and no acknowledgment from LM.  I'm sure it's something that specifically affects only certain users since with the VRAM issues already present in VR and 2D use of P3D, I'd imagine we'd hear a lot more about it if was a widespread issue.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Hi,

check if ENHANCED ATMOSPHERIC in the Weather settings is switched on or off. If it is on try with off. I suppose this causes issues in VR.

I'm just trying. Active Sky from HIFISIM released a patch for 5.1. After using it I had permanent CTD or DXGI_DEVICE HUNG when switching between VR and 2/3D. Checking windows event viewer shows that as_connect_V5.dll causes crash. HIFISIM stated that this mode is still beta status. They have issues themselves to deal with this mode.

BR

Andreas

14 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Thanks a lot. I will add this too to test

Maybe I found something :biggrin::

Before:

PR281aql.jpg

After:

SRgYbXul.jpg

j1ZME5Ql.jpg

jn4wIRKl.jpg

As you can see, no any magneta so no stutter :).

• Upvote 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Maybe I found something :biggrin::

Before:

PR281aql.jpg

After:

SRgYbXul.jpg

j1ZME5Ql.jpg

jn4wIRKl.jpg

As you can see, no any magneta so no stutter :).

And what did you do to achieve this

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Wait a little, the last test.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok, it looks like work. P3Dv5.1 smooth like butter ;).

Firstly set up your Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames to 3 or 4 (for me both was ok), it helps to genarte more frames between frames when Motion Reprojection is on or auto in Steam WMR VR.

zRqVwIul.jpg

Second - I did test each graphics settings (on off or from min to max) how does it affect for this magneta spike and I noticed that its a water. Dont use ULTRA water for 3090! I set up now for high and recived stable 45 or 90 even FPS without stutters when MR=ON (notice that I use SS = 150% for HP Reverb so I have this resolution (its a challenge also but looks better for me a lot):

2EfSxzim.jpg

I prefer Ultra water (high or less looks terrible in VR, and plane on water like in the air) but looks like the water cases this magneta spike. The rest I have high/ dense and works ok for me.

Check it and back here. If it will be ok I will post it at P3D Forum too.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

16 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Ok, it looks like work. P3Dv5.1 smooth like butter ;).

Firstly set up your Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames to 3 or 4 (for me both was ok), it helps to genarte more frames between frames when Motion Reprojection is on or auto in Steam WMR VR.

zRqVwIul.jpg

Second - I did test each graphics settings (on off or from min to max) how does it affect for this magneta spike and I noticed that its a water. Dont use ULTRA water for 3090! I set up now for high and recived stable 45 or 90 even FPS without stutters when MR=ON (notice that I use SS = 150% for HP Reverb so I have this resolution (its a challenge also but looks better for me a lot):

2EfSxzim.jpg

I prefer Ultra water (high or less looks terrible in VR, and plane on water like in the air) but looks like the water cases this magneta spike. The rest I have high/ dense and works ok for me.

Check it and back here. If it will be ok I will post it at P3D Forum too.

YoYo....there is Motion Smoothing (in STEAM VR) and there is Motion Reprojection in WMR for SteamVR. Which one did you mean set to on? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I use only https://imgur.com/jopJkwf this. Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

OK understand.

Try also:

When in VR, Start P3D. VR ON, set your HMD on. Take your HP Reverb controller. Press Thumbstick". IN VR you see a menu. Go to graphics and  with the 4 options:

SteamVR per app setting

Motion Vector

Auto

Disabled

Press thumbstick and watch the results. You have to turn the menu off by pressing the thumbstick to see the best performance. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png