Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

3 hours ago, ah2511 said:

Good idea YoYo - I've uploaded here https://imgur.com/a/csXKlj4

Cheers,
Alex

You have maxed settings and mixed (too much, e.g. AAx4 will kill any card)... which drivers do you have? Show also screen with settings for STEAM VR pre applications (when you will be in VR in P3D open it and do it).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, ah2511 said:

I pre-ordered in September, but cancelled and bought retail instead as it was unlikely I’d get it before 2021 the way things were going.

It was in stock already? Where did you order?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

Connection.com

On 12/16/2020 at 2:17 AM, YoYo said:

What do you have in Motion Reprojection corner in WMR (view in HMD only in 3D environment, controller only) and in SteamVR per application? Screen pls.

Could someone explain to a WMR newb how to view this particular setting?  Specifically, it seems I can only view this setting in "HMD only in a 3D environment," but I don't understand what that means.  Thanks!

On 12/17/2020 at 12:55 AM, glider1 said:

Got it working by installing latest versions of WMR and SteamVR see post above.

I also have a G2 and 3090 and P3D VR "pre-render" is jittery.  When I use the "update" option, it is very smooth.  How did you get pre-render working smoothly?  I'm curious because I always got better results with pre-render on my old Rift headset.

24 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

I also have a G2 and 3090 and P3D VR "pre-render" is jittery.  When I use the "update" option, it is very smooth.  How did you get pre-render working smoothly?  I'm curious because I always got better results with pre-render on my old Rift headset.

Had the same issues for a long time update was fine but not pre-render.

- Did a clean install of 460.89 latest Nvidia drivers may have used DDU cleaner but could also have used NVidia custom install can't remember.

- Changed Nvidia program options for P3D to "prefer maximum performance" everything else default.

- Updated SteamVR and WMR for SteamVR in Steam

- Went into SteamVR settings->video and

Manage Video Settings For Prepar3D and

Custom Resolution multiplier 150%

Motion smoothing: disabled

Use legacy reprojection mode: off

- Went into P3D VR menu and turned on pre-render

Then pre-render started working on 2080TI/Reverb G1 combination. Performance seems a bit better but haven't done tests. The 460.89 drivers also worked well on my laptop improving performance in SkyrimVR for some reason. Good drivers.

Hope you get it working but update is still good. I'm remembering this off the top of my head, if there is anything else will report back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Connection.com

Seems odd that my early August order isn't out yet, you would think they would deliver on a first come first serve basis. Just sent an email to ask about the status.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Could someone explain to a WMR newb how to view this particular setting?  Specifically, it seems I can only view this setting in "HMD only in a 3D environment," but I don't understand what that means.  Thanks!

When you are in the any game (even P3D) in VR mode, turn on the controller and push (to down) this mushroom 🙂 (like PAN key on joystick) . In 3D view you will see additional settings for WMR and Steam VR WMR too.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, threegreen said:

I’m in Australia. Here HP shipped to retailers before fulfilling all the pre-orders.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Connection.com

6 minutes ago, ah2511 said:

I’m in Australia. Here HP shipped to retailers before fulfilling all the pre-orders.

Turns out Connection canceled my order months ago and didn't even bother to let me know. What the f... I think I found the evil Santa. 🙄

11 hours ago, YoYo said:

You have maxed settings and mixed (too much, e.g. AAx4 will kill any card)... which drivers do you have? Show also screen with settings for STEAM VR pre applications (when you will be in VR in P3D open it and do it).

I’ll try and lower the settings and see what happens.

On the SteamVR screen sorry mate you lost me - where is that one?

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Turns out Connection canceled my order months ago and didn't even bother to let me know. What the f... I think I found the evil Santa. 🙄

It has not been a good launch at all. I feel for you mate.

36 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Wow that zuks. If anyone is wondering this etailer was formerly known as PC Connection. 

16 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hi Yoyo

I tried no AA and no difference, still jittering in pre-render 😞

As I see a lot of questions here, I'm throwing my settings for P3Dv5.1 and HP Reverb. I have stable 45 FPS now without any stutter even with bad weather.

You need 460.79 NVidia drivers or newer.

P3Dv5.1 settings:

I3576hBl.jpg 

J1gaT9Xl.jpg

gpvi1VUl.jpg

H51OzWxl.jpg

Drivers settings:

O1DnYWcl.jpg

WMR settings (3D environment, SteamVR per app setting = ON😞

65asRd5l.jpg

8FHe431l.jpg

Steam VR settings (I use about 2700x2700 pxt for HP Reverb, Motion reprojection per aplicattion is Forced):

E9d22E2l.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 4

Yoyosimsbanner.gif