Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

As I see a lot of questions here,

Thank you for the post. Do you not have jagged lines and white-ish lines with AA completely off? I use 4xSSAA to eradicate the visual artifacts but that obviously is detrimental to performance.

On a side note, I flew my first flight in v5.1 HF1 yesterday and boy, what a performance improvement with the same settings. Flying out of Flightbeam's SFO in the PMDG NGXu was nice and smooth.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

@YoYo Thanks for those detailed settings and the work uploading them they will become my reference point.

I found that locking the fps internally on 46FPS meant my 2080TI didn't have to work as hard as on unlimited.

I also found that at some airports MSAA is necessary even with 150% SS in SteamVR but it hits VRAM hard. I guess this is not a problem for you with a 3090 and 24GB VRAM so why not you include some MSAA for yourself?

Also I notice that you have reprojection on. At one point in the past we concluded it had to be off but I guess with the new drivers it is ok. I turned it on too and smoothness seems fine.

My only problem remaining now is that the cockpit is too dark for some planes with EA mode on but thankfully in the Milviz Kingair 350i you can turn on some instrument panel lights even in the day.

Edited by glider1

3 hours ago, glider1 said:

@YoYo My only problem remaining now is that the cockpit is too dark for some planes with EA mode on but thankfully in the Milviz Kingair 350i you can turn on some instrument panel lights even in the day.

Which model? If developer didnt do update for P3Dv5 (differen set of textures for VC, not the same like for P3Dv4) you will recive dark cocpit. Here is my example with modifications (so each developer must do the same according me):

Second you can use this FREE software:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, glider1 said:

My only problem remaining now is that the cockpit is too dark for some planes with EA mode on but thankfully in the Milviz Kingair 350i you can turn on some instrument panel lights even in the day.

I use Envshade to lighten up the cockpit.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

@YoYo I also tested on my system with your settings. For some reason however I didn't see any improvement. I even got some CTDs while playing with the settings. Pre-render is also very jittery for me.

Does everyone else have issues with dynamic lighting in VR single pass mode - trying to establish if it's a global problem or some issue with my config.

Leaning toward config as it used to work in 5.0HF2 just fine, but not after going to 5.1HF1 - I tried even reverting to 5.0HF2 but the issue persisted, which seems odd as it worked in that version before.

If anyone has any results I'd be eager to hear them..

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

1 hour ago, severniae said:

Does everyone else have issues with dynamic lighting in VR single pass mode - trying to establish if it's a global problem or some issue with my config.

Leaning toward config as it used to work in 5.0HF2 just fine, but not after going to 5.1HF1 - I tried even reverting to 5.0HF2 but the issue persisted, which seems odd as it worked in that version before.

If anyone has any results I'd be eager to hear them..

I do too. @mpo910 started a thread over on the P3D forums. Seems like a few people have this problem.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140461

34 minutes ago, ah2511 said:

I do too. @mpo910 started a thread over on the P3D forums. Seems like a few people have this problem.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140461

Yes. And some of the LM devs already stated that they will solve this issue within the core engine. It can not be fixed with a hotfix, but they admitted and are working on this.

THIS is good news!

Here is another thread at LM with the reaction from Mister Hollis (LM Dev).

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138735&start=30#p233165

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I see that Pre reneder sync option (WMR, Reverb) with the latest NVidia drivers doesnt work anymore again :(.

Just update as it was before.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

I see that Pre reneder sync option (WMR, Reverb) with the latest NVidia drivers doesnt work anymore again :(.

Just update as it was before.

Confirmed! 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Strangely, for some reason v4 now works better in VR than v5. Not to mention that both sims are fresh, only FTX Global, Maddog X and NGXu installed.
Using Rift S, I noticed in v5 huge black bars on edges appearing when rotating the head, but not in v4. FPS is around the same, microstuttering also, maybe a bit more in v4. Visuals are better in v4 because of PTA, no bugs with HDR, etc.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

12 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Strangely, for some reason v4 now works better in VR than v5. Not to mention that both sims are fresh, only FTX Global, Maddog X and NGXu installed.
Using Rift S, I noticed in v5 huge black bars on edges appearing when rotating the head, but not in v4. FPS is around the same, microstuttering also, maybe a bit more in v4. Visuals are better in v4 because of PTA, no bugs with HDR, etc.

With Oculus headsets you currently have to run v5 through SteamVR. There's something wrong with running through Oculus that causes stutters when you move your head. Hopefully, LM will fix this in a future release. But through SteamVR it outperforms v4 by a large margin on my system. I've also found that on my system, locking ASW in OTT at 30hz produces a much smoother experience, but this also applied to v4.

For shaders you can use ENVShade instead, but note that it will break single pass in VR. Reinstalling the client will fix this. I use it primarily to darken the night as Rift S is very bright at night. I use EA on, btw.

16 hours ago, andreh said:

With Oculus headsets you currently have to run v5 through SteamVR. There's something wrong with running through Oculus that causes stutters when you move your head. Hopefully, LM will fix this in a future release. But through SteamVR it outperforms v4 by a large margin on my system. I've also found that on my system, locking ASW in OTT at 30hz produces a much smoother experience, but this also applied to v4.

For shaders you can use ENVShade instead, but note that it will break single pass in VR. Reinstalling the client will fix this. I use it primarily to darken the night as Rift S is very bright at night. I use EA on, btw.

Yes, completely forgot to mention that I run v4 in Oculus mode, and v5 in SteamVR, exclusively. And still, no black bars in v4. I didn't experimented enough with Preload/Update methods in v5 though, maybe that's the culprit.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

7 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Yes, completely forgot to mention that I run v4 in Oculus mode, and v5 in SteamVR, exclusively. And still, no black bars in v4. I didn't experimented enough with Preload/Update methods in v5 though, maybe that's the culprit.

It might be a SteamVR issue. I get hints of these black bars at the edges too. I think it's a performance issue. They gety worse when the sim under heavy load.

13 hours ago, andreh said:

It might be a SteamVR issue. I get hints of these black bars at the edges too. I think it's a performance issue. They gety worse when the sim under heavy load.

I'll test v4 in SteamVR mode too, and will post the results.