Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

TBM930 has better ground handling. Night lights are fabulous but the city buildings are still too dim.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

2 minutes ago, 177B said:

No the program has been near perfect for me.

2 minutes ago, jstorey20 said:

never had any problems previously

What unit of measurement are you using? 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Did you remove everything from your Community folder when you downloaded the update?  Always move everything out of your Community folder or else the update download can be corrupted.

I have the MS store version.  I have not removed anything out of my community folder, nor have I removed anything out of my community folder for any of the other updates.  I do NOT have CTD with the new version, although I have had a scattered few CTD since launch.  My opinion is that removing things from your community folder does nothing, the mods in there will either work, or they might not, but nothing in there should effect the update process.

Edited by ShawnG
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sorry double post

Edited by psolk
duplicate

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

It probably comes down to one of the three:

1. hardware

2. sim settings

3. nvidia control panel settings

Are you guys overclocking anything? 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I read a text from FlyByWire stating that there were issues with the latest update affecting their mod.

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

10 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Ground texture LOD seems improved.

Definitely. One of the first things I noticed was that LOD seems to be improved significantly. So much better!

• Like 5

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Did you remove everything from your Community folder when you downloaded the update?  Always move everything out of your Community folder or else the update download can be corrupted.

Yes! I'm going to run windows update. Maybe that will fix it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No CTD here at all.

Sadly SDK hasn't been updated. 😞

A Few ICAO codes were wrong and reported by me in Update #3, they fixed it in Update #4..but they all went all back to Update #5.

Going to report all of them again.

Edited by tangerine
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This information is soooooo wrong and is repeated often.

I noticed this time on the installation update screen in the sim, just before I hit continue.  It says to remove community mods AFTER the install ONLY if you experiencing stability issues or slow loading.  The community folder was designed by ASOBO as part of the base sim (great idea like xPlane) so why would they ask you to move potentially 10's of GBs before every update!!?

Just leave the folder alone, IF you run into issues create a DISABLED folder in the Community folder and temporarily shift everything to that - AFTER the installation update not BEFORE.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

It has been perfect for me until this patch. 
one thing that is different is that I am on the latest Windows version. 20H2. 

It is fairly new, but I would think it is supported. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I am running nvidia 456.71 FYI.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Just now, espent said:

It has been perfect for me until this patch. 
one thing that is different is that I am on the latest Windows version. 20H2. 

It is fairly new, but I would think it is supported. 

I do not have that update yet. 

Just now, sidfadc said:

This information is soooooo wrong and is repeated often.

I noticed this time on the installation update screen in the sim, just before I hit continue.  It says to remove community mods AFTER the install ONLY if you experiencing stability issues or slow loading.  The community folder was designed by ASOBO as part of the base sim (great idea like xPlane) so why would they ask you to move potentially 10's of GBs before every update!!?

Just leave the folder alone, IF you run into issues create a DISABLED folder in the Community folder and temporarily shift everything to that - AFTER the installation update not BEFORE.

Actually, on the official MSFS forums, content in the Community folder was stopping the download of certain files during the update. Unfortunately, I can't remember which thread I read about it.  But the fix was to move everything out of the Community folder before running the update.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM