Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

AA looks beautiful now! I hope it stays that way.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Unfortunately, I too am running all devices through a USB hub, and am getting a CTD immediately upon starting the game- at the NEW SCENERY screen... repeated 3 times.

Standing by for a fix... fingers x'ed.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Just now, cavaricooper said:

Unfortunately, I too am running all devices through a USB hub, and am getting a CTD immediately upon starting the game- at the NEW SCENERY screen... repeated 3 times.

C

Try without the hub.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So... for the first time since this sim came out, I have had a CTD!

Not happy!

However, I have been able to isolate the cause, to my Razer Tartarus V2 Keypad. With this not plugged in, the sim loads and runs, with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, as well as my Logitech Dual Action Game Pad (used for the drone camera).

Man.... I am so dependent on the Tartarus for button mappings! Hopefully there will be a solution sooner than later.

I have not actually tried a flight yet, as I am feeling kind of deflated right now!

• Like 1

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Found out that my CTD is caused by my Go-Flight TQ6 throttle quadrant. Without it I can start the sim just fine with my other USB peripherals ( Honeycomb Alpha, Logitech radio panel and CH rudder pedals ) For me the USB hub is not the problem, I can run the sim just fine with my logitech panel through the hub. When I connect the throttle it always gives me a CTD, tried it via the hub and via the mainboard USB port, both gave a CTD. 

I hope it gets fixed soon, dont want to fly without a throttle control....

Edit: and I must say, after a first short round, its a smooth ride with a lot crispier graphics, so hoping for a fix soon...

Edited by stigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

We are aware of the current increase in CTDs with the latest update and our team is currently looking into it. We will provide more details soon. Thank you for your patience.

Patience, what patience?

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 minutes ago, arncliffe said:

Republic3D 

maybe we can edit sensitivity somehow? I remember couple of days after release someone did it...

Yep!

That should be possible. I had to do that previously because my rudder pedals were a bit too sensitive for the XCub. But I didn't try it after the update.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

Patience, what patience?

The thing is they have shown already that they won't do hotfixes.  So it will likely take 2 weeks to path any of this.

Maybe they can mail us all free XBox controllers to play with, since apparently that's all they test with.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

4 hours ago, kurtb said:

lightning still a issue lol, what a ......

They didn't mention that the lightning was going to be fixed in this patch.

Or are you confusing the word lightning with lighting?

3 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

C

Try running off of a hub then return them to hub after a session see if that helps

Rich Sennett

6 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

It seems like some people who have connected peripherals through certain USB hubs are having issues. 

No USB hub, all USB ports on the motherboard, CTD here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Try without the hub.

No can do Jose/Richard.... I have too many peripherals to bother with that... hopefully MS realizes this is a showstopper and will release a fix ASAP and not wait for a fortnight.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I am seeing now “LimitedByRdrThread” in the FPS window when it renders any scenery imported from Google maps and the GPS will drop from 40 to 20, anybody has noticed this?
Apart from that, no CTD or so ever, happy with the patch and I find the night lighting nice.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, Blat14 said:

They didn't mention that the lightning was going to be fixed in this patch.

Or are you confusing the word lightning with lighting?

Both were addressed - went live ASOBO weather also - its raining here it was spot on and no lighting 

Rich Sennett