Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

2 minutes ago, Steku said:

No USB hub, all USB ports on the motherboard, CTD here.

That's interesting. 

I really hope this USB issue will be patched and fixed immediately. It seems like it's quite prevalent. 
I also hope my Carenado Mooney will be patched soon.
The visual upgrades with water reflections and such look absolutely amazing. So I hope that stuff is kept. 

Crossing my fingers hoping for a quick fix. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am seeing now “LimitedByRdrThread” in the FPS window when it renders any scenery imported from Google maps and the GPS will drop from 40 to 20, anybody has noticed this?
Apart from that, no CTD or so ever, happy with the patch and I find the night lighting nice.

I noticed this too, what is this “LimitedByRdrThread” thing?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

17 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

It seems like some people who have connected peripherals through certain USB hubs are having issues. 

The only  issues I noticed was that the sensitivity was changed. Had to pull back hard on the joystick to take off.

Thrustmaster 16.000M joystick works fine.

Logitech/Saitek Throttle Quadrants x2 works fine.

Logitech/Saitek Rudder Pedals work fine. 

All are connected through a USB hub. I'm not running FSUIPC. I have the Microsoft Store version of the sim.

Not true.  I eliminated the hub and the issues still exist.  I think it is an issue with our old profiles, but I can't get to them to delete them because of CTD.  

I did manage to startup with my HOTAS X disconnected and my CH Flight Sim Pro connected and start to create a new profile.  Yea!....But if I try to change the profile using the arrow keys to another one, so I can load it in and delete it.......CTD...

So, in short,  CH Flight Sim Pro default works, but is utterly blank.  A new profile created off that works.   But I can't delete any profiles, and If I start my HOTAS X, it crashes even before I can get to the profiles to delete them.

I have the MS Store version, so it's not easy to identify which xml files the profiles are stored under.  

Edited by wthomas33065

16 minutes ago, bahnzo said:

I disconnected everything but my keyboard and mouse. Still CTD. 

I methodically disconnected each peripheral in turn, restarted the sim, Boom each time. Like the rest of you a perfect sim beforehand. In fact I felt rather smug about having no issues worth talking about. Bit me on the bum eh?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

Both were addressed - went live ASOBO weather also - its raining here it was spot on and no lighting 

Well I didn't see any mention of fixing the lightning in clear skies problem. The Devs twitch stream from a few days ago they said they didn't know what the problem was. And I got it today after the patch 5 flying in Orlando, clear skies 32 degrees C, looked up the real weather no storms forecast but was lightning all over the place for me.  

The other aspects of the weather, wind speed, temp clouds etc.. do seem to be working correctly now though.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, robert young said:

Yes. Atrociously blurred pfd and mfd. But scenery not bad. Cannot fix it. The usual one step forward and two steps backwards.

Thanks Robert.  I really thought it was just me....lol.  Getting old over here. 🙂 Eyes and things.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Think its your end Robert, just did a flight from EGLC to EGGS in your Turbo and it was fantastic. FYI I DL new drivers out today.

I think it is something I missed in graphic settings. Thanks.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

47 minutes ago, robert young said:

Yes. Atrociously blurred pfd and mfd. But scenery not bad. Cannot fix it. The usual one step forward and two steps backwards.

Try turning off Anti-Aliasing completely, does that help?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blat14 said:

Well I didn't see any mention of fixing the lightning in clear skies problem. The Devs twitch stream from a few days ago they said they didn't know what the problem was. And I got it today after the patch 5 flying in Orlando, clear skies 32 degrees C, looked up the real weather no storms forecast but was lightning all over the place for me.  

The other aspects of the weather, wind speed, temp clouds etc.. do seem to be working correctly now though.

I watched entire twitch video they did address the night lighting they made the visibility distance larger watch video again - was hoping for a little more x-planish but I'll take what I can get

Lightning problem well thats not good sorry to hear that - I only used real weather for 10 mins in my area no lighting which there shouldnt have been - looked fine - who knows well see - just need to give it more time - at least they are trying 

Rich Sennett

747 AP still horribly broken. At least it holds altitude steady now but still hunts from side to side on the vector.

Still lost the flightplan on loading a saved game. Destination airport re-input to FMC but after wrangling in an approach, still flies straight over the airport.

You should be able to do that now I did AA is great out of the box - only running 2x in game settings now - 43" sony 4k tv fyi - NVCP is at factory flightsim settings

New video driver out today guys ? let me know what you think dont want to mess up my new AA - running 456.71 presently - thanks 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

I just wonder why they are messing with features nobody is asking for? We reported LOD issues, tree draw distance, fligh model, autopilot, lightining, weather. And they instead decided to mess with USB controllers. They know better apparently 😞

And all this happens despite thy delayed the patch to allow better testing.

Edited by Steku

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

watched entire twitch video they did address the night lighting they made the visibility distance larger watch video again

I said lightning was something they didn't fix, not the lighting, I am aware they fixed (or changed) the night lighting.

I am talking lightning i.e. the electrical discharge you get in storms.

• Like 1