Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

10 hours ago, Steku said:

CTD here, before reaching the menu.

TrackIR 5, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, CH Products Pro Pedals, Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant, no USB hub

Some axes/buttons assigned via FSUIPC.

I disconnected all my peripherals - sim starts.

TrackIR connected - sim starts.

CH Products Pro Pedals connected - CTD

Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant - CTD

FSUIPC running or not running - no impact

Similar diagnosis for me. I have:

• Thrustmaster T1600 (stick)
  • Logitech (Saitek) Throttle Quadrant

When I unplug the throttle quadrant, FS starts. Otherwise it crashes. Crossing information with Steku, it seems the throttle quadrant is the culprit.

I am happy to have a last-generation simulator in which I will have to manage throttle with the + and - keys 😞

The other problem I have is that I now only see 2 aircraft: Cessna 152 and Daher 930, all the others are gone... I guess I have to read the whole thread here.
(problem solved, info available on the MSFS support site)

Edited by Rocky

10 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Unfortunately, I too am running all devices through a USB hub, and am getting a CTD immediately upon starting the game- at the NEW SCENERY screen... repeated 3 times.

Standing by for a fix... fingers x'ed.

C

i am running all my devices through these and the jitter on my Saitek yoke has also vanished and no CTD at all

https://www.av-cables.dk/usb-2-0-hub/logilink-usb-2-0-fast-charge-hub-5-vejs.html

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

53 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Similar diagnosis for me. I have:

• Thrustmaster T1600 (stick)
  • Logitech (Saitek) Throttle Quadrant

When I unplug the throttle quadrant, FS starts. Otherwise it crashes. Crossing information with Steku, it seems the throttle quadrant is the culprit.

I just don't understand this.  My Saitek throttle is plugged in to a (cheap-ish) hub, and has customised settings on the levers (for reverse etc.) and on all of the buttons below the leavers (for pause, release parking brake etc.) and absolutely no CTD's - a flawless update.. 

How can people have such different experiences? There must be something deeper going on here than just using hubs or certain USB peripherals. 😕

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I haven't try to update yet, but I think I will start the game offline and use it in its previous state until Asobo come out with a patch that fix all CTD problems.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, arncliffe said:

I wrote before I can`t take off...now my mouse zoom doesn`t work...Checked all the settings million times, going crazy already((((Some ** focus** mode with mouse right button that never been there before....what`s happening...

I think this update has messed up some of the view mappings.  I can't zoom or pan around using the switches on my joystick anymore. 

4 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

I think this update has messed up some of the view mappings.  I can't zoom or pan around using the switches on my joystick anymore. 

Just one think to remember which i sometimes forget is when the AI has control (during taxi for instance) my controller is disabled for certain things .

Might not be your case but anyway just to remember

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The wthomas USB controller fix (see the MSFS Tips and Tricks) worked for me and I'm back flying.

where can I find that, sorry tried FAQ and offical Forum but no success

edit: found it here at avsim, was looking too far 😉

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

How come the lightning bug with live weather is STILL there after the update 😞

It is really starting to bug me...

• Like 1

Downloading the update since yesterday, I can't believe that the update loop is still here... 🤬

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Not sure if this is relevant but worth pointing out.

To reset windows fully you need to RESTART and NOT SHUTDOWN.

Windows 10 has a "fast start"  feature turned on by default that partially HIBERNATES when you hit shutdown and can preserve any glitches you may have so they come back at next login.

To be safe when having CTD style issue you need to either disable the "fast shutdown" option in the advanced power management settings or just use the restart option.

you can also run

powercfg -h off

under a terminal (cmd or powershell)

• Like 1

If anyone has a fix for the GoFlight throttle causing the CTD on load, please let me know. Thank you.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, bendead said:

Downloading the update since yesterday, I can't believe that the update loop is still here... 🤬

Try running as admin. This shouldn't matter but for some reason fixed the update loop for me. I've never had this problem before the last patch either. 

24 minutes ago, reheat said:

Try running as admin. This shouldn't matter but for some reason fixed the update loop for me. I've never had this problem before the last patch either. 

Thanks, but how can I launch MSFS in admin via steam?

This is a show stopper for me,,,maybe refund time...no way this can be fixed...I tried reinstalling the program from scratch,,same error..

i-bkw7dvv-M.png

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

8 minutes ago, bendead said:

Thanks, but how can I launch MSFS in admin via steam?

Start Steam as administrator. That's what I have to do for FSX-SE which requires admin rights.

Give people power to really test their personality.