Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

1 minute ago, banjoman1960 said:

all addon fsx planes are a mess now,most switches not work........also all 2020payware Planes are a mess........

Thank You MS......

Saw that coming a mile away. So even though im literally drooling at stuff in the marketplace and am dying to try the A320nx and Working time Cj4 i will not till the platform stabilizes. Ill keep working with the default stuff till most of the kinks are worked out. Ill try a Livery or two and thats it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Install and download finished without a hitch.  Just did a few spawns to a few places, and have to say the live weather seems more accurate.   Actually have proper winds at ground level. Even the world map if you enable to show the winds have the indicators at airports.   Nicely done.   

AA also looks much improved to me as well.   Check your settings. Some of it could have been changed from the update, thus the change in FPS for some.   Better AA is worth a few FPS loss. Still above 30.  

Its progress forward.    Update 5 already.   In P3D we waited months and months to get 5.1 and yet with arguably little improvement from what Im reading. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

My first impressions:

Carenado Mooney is useless now because you can't hide yokes or click many of the buttons.

Sensitivity for the peripherals seem changed. But all my Thrustmaster T16.000M joystick and Logitech throttles & pedals work perfectly. 

I just finished a flight from ENSD (freeware airport) to ENAL (Orbx airport) + Norway freeware lake elevation fix in the Bonanza. Sim looks absolutely fantastic. The water / reflections are stunning. I'm really awed by the fantastic visuals this simulator provides.

Link to a picture of my departure:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00z95rxd5gp1s3t/FS2020_02.jpg

Edited by Republic3D
added photo
  • Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Well done Patch . Tried the C172 st FSDT CYVR and the TBM930 at FT EKCH  with real time weather and Spad.Next for Logitechs producta.

Very smooth on 4k ultra

Michael Moe

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Install went fine.

MS Store purchaser here

After update, tried to fly from Key west (commercial addon) with the Mooney (Same) without getting out of sim or rebooting PC. CTD when it was loading scenario.

Reboot PC, got in MSFS ok, tried default small airport in Tampa with Mooney...loaded ok...sim looked great and smooth.

Startup, taxi and takeoff OK.  Flaps up ok...Noting that Mooney will need updates....Elev trim switch inop, so are a few other items.

Tried to set altitude in custom gauge in Mooney, CTD.

Will try all default now and see if I have better luck.  Hope by the time I'm finished testing either a fix or workaround it in the works (maybe it is already in this thread...but like most...want to establish a few things on my install 1st before I look for answers)...be back soon with update.

EDIT:
Back...default C172 steam gauges, short flight in Jax Fla...works ok...no CTDs....Control settings need new calibration.  Sim looked good...more to come later.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Install and download finished without a hitch.  Just did a few spawns to a few places, and have to say the live weather seems more accurate.   Actually have proper winds at ground level. Even the world map if you enable to show the winds have the indicators at airports.   Nicely done.   

AA also looks much improved to me as well.   Check your settings. Some of it could have been changed from the update, thus the change in FPS for some.   Better AA is worth a few FPS loss. Still above 30.  

Its progress forward.    Update 5 already.   In P3D we waited months and months to get 5.1 and yet with arguably little improvement from what Im reading. 

AA is now fantastic it was a...OMG, its like ive gone from 1080 ( Render scale 120) to 4k. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

52 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Anyone having blurry textures now?  Can't even read my cockpit.

Yes. Atrociously blurred pfd and mfd. But scenery not bad. Cannot fix it. The usual one step forward and two steps backwards.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

22 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Sims are fun aren't they? Reading the P3D 5.1 release thread and all the dramas and now this one. It's a real popcorn consumer!

This clearly shows we need a separate beta branch as soon as possible, where people can opt in/out.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have just installed it and... CTD 😞

Now the game does not start any more, CTD before even starting...

I should tell Asobo and Microsoft to stop updating their software, each time there is an update I have problems.

I am tired of this, I give up and go back to FSX.

4 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

Not the hub for me.  I plugged in HOTAS X directly into USB and crashed on Desktop.  I removed the Thrustmaster specific drivers, still crashed.  Now trying to see what happens if I plug in after sim start.

I plug in HOTAS X after sim start, briefly says detected new device, CTD.....Grrrr.....And CH Flight Sim Yoke doesn't even appear as list of available devices..grr.

Right now my GoFlight Throttle is causing the CTD.

Still checking.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Now the game does not start any more, CTD before even starting...

I should tell Asobo and Microsoft to stop updating their software, each time there is an update I have problems.

I am tired of this, I give up and go back to FSX.

Read the thread.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

34 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Everything looks more crisp which probably due to the AA fix, and had a very smooth flight over Seoul.

Not so here. Gauges are blurred to approximately FS98 standards!

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

A few pages up people are making the sim start if all usb devices are disconnected. You should try this and the connect one by one if it helps.

Edited by doublem
  • Like 1

CTD here, before reaching the menu.

TrackIR 5, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, CH Products Pro Pedals, Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant, no USB hub

Some axes/buttons assigned via FSUIPC.

I disconnected all my peripherals - sim starts.

TrackIR connected - sim starts.

CH Products Pro Pedals connected - CTD

Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant - CTD

FSUIPC running or not running - no impact

• Like 1

My father is on the Windows Store version with the Thrustmaster t16000m, no crashes for him.

I'm on the Steam version with X-Box controller, no crashes.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1