Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Metric system

So being from UK was looking forward to introduction of good old KGs on the flight planner.  However it also changes the reported wind speed on the world map to KM/H instead of Kts?  I'm no expert but not sure if this is correct?

So to put it blunt I want to load my aircraft by KG but wind speed reported as 224/32 Km/h means nothing to me???  This is a bit silly because no metar is ever reported in Km/h its always kts as far as I'm aware....

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

METAR wind speed can be coded in knot, meter per second or km per hr, but I agree using the hybrid mode like in previous versions of the sim makes a lot more sense. For instance, weight in kg or lb, but wind speed in knot.

Likewise for fuel loads - gallons, litters, pounds, kilograms...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I confirm it is wrong, in France we are using:

speed: kts, wind speed: kts; distance NM, Fuel: liters, weight: kg, Altitude: feet, QNH: hpa

Try to use "hybrid" in option, it is bit better as altitude is in feet, but speed, wind and distance are wrong

• Like 1

Agreed. Well, let's hope they will fix it next time..

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I Zendesk’d this. Please do this too so it gets the deserved attention. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

There should be an option to choose real settings, with either metric or imperial units. So if you fly from Europe to the US, you would have hpa when you depart and in.hg. when you arrive (and an option change between those settings in the airplane). Would also be nice if the transition altitude could reflect the country you are flying in. We are not using 18 000 ft all over the world. TL would be bit more difficult because at least in Europe, that is dependent upon barometric pressure. 

Marius S