Sign in to follow this  
Steku

Quite sad but possible explanation of poor Asobo's quality

On 10/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, Steku said:

This may explain poor Asobo's results when it comes to quality, patch #5 and CTD issues. Full lockdown in France due to COVID. Hard to focus on the simulated world, when the real one is collapsing around you:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-54716993

Xbox optimization... 

• Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Just now, Sphynnx said:

Xbox optimization... 

Yup - thought that yesterday but you were brave enough to state it publicly 🙂  

Rich Sennett

3:15 "A little longer than a few minute later"....  25r30wi.gif

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, Car147 said:

Well said Sir...... nailed it.

Thanks

Image removed as image is no longer available.

9 hours ago, odourboy said:

Insulting their professionalism? No. Challenging it? Absolutely. 

Uh... no.  The statements are in fact rather insulting.  I am willing to bet you would not use any of the statements regarding their abilities if you were face to face with them.  And that, is the crucible of test.

• Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

3 hours ago, WarpD said:

I am willing to bet you would not use any of the statements regarding their abilities if you were face to face with them.  And that, is the crucible of test.

Bring them on! That's the problem with software developers. They never have to look their customers in the EYEY! Digitally isolated!

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Bring them on! That's the problem with software developers. They never have to look their customers in the EYEY! Digitally isolated!

Actually, it's NOT Asobo...

Blame Microsoft, surely they have some sort of quality control before selling a product from one of their contracted gaming studios?

Microsoft is actually Asobo's customer, NOT us, as we are Microsoft's customers! 

If I were you, I would take it up with Microsoft, complain about their quality control, get your refund for the game, and, in protest, dump Microsoft & change to Linux.

Simple then, Just dont support any software company who cannot look you in the EYE.. (maybe they do, via your web cam?)

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

9 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

Xbox optimization... 

/sarcasm

yeah  and whats this with a globe on the start screen..  do these developers still not realise that the world is flat?

/sarcasm off

I added the tags because I feel you may not get it otherwise.

As it happens, the last but one developer Q&A online showed that this current myth about Xbox optimisation is exactly that.. a myth.. however, I am sure some of you still wish to believe it rather than see the possible advantages of the joint platform approach and all that goes with it.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Hhhmm, PS5, maybe? 

Sarcasm... 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

On 10/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, Wobbie said:

Oh, you are aware that most developers can work from home? & have been doing so? Thanks for your words of doom!

Well it is not that easy in such complex projects. And in general french people are still not used to. The first time they had to do home-office was the 18/03 during the first wave and they communicated about the difficulty working from home. Sorry i didn' want to scary people, i really enjoy what we already have 😉

On 10/30/2020 at 1:37 PM, Wobbie said:

10's of thousands of users are quite happy!

10's of thousands are a small percentage of the sold copies 🙂

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

28 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

10's of thousands are a small percentage of the sold copies 🙂

i think the majority of customers are quite happy with the product.

its the unhappy ones that come to the forums and complain, so these forums are not at all mirroring the customers views.

its mainly the mentality of some gamers thats the issue.

• Upvote 2

On 10/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, Chock said:

so there's no reason why we should give Asobo a free pass on not doing their best in spite of the circumstances

Unbelievable--I'm responding to this general attitude expressed by several not you in particular.  Asobo's doing fine.  We pay a lousy $100 for this program, it's incredible already, and they have been exceedingly responsive already.  Perfect?  Of course not this is a gargantuan project that will take time to mature.   Free pass?  What?  What a load of complete garbage! 

Meanwhile, I think back to when I bought ORBX England.  It was maybe $40 or something I forget.  So this morning I decided to depart from Cherbourg FR to Bristol England.  Haven't been anywhere near this flight plan so far, but a few years ago I stayed in Cherbourg very ill and made it to Bath England then had to fly home due to illness.  But yes, incredibly cool little airport in Cherbourg, just lovely.  Then off we go over the Channel and it was just nothing short of spectacular w/ robust white caps.  Then arriving onshore England and this was far superior to the stuff from ORBX and this basically exists, already, over a big chunk of the planet.  So, 'give them a pass'?  What a load of genuine unappreciative drivel!  We're all exceedingly fortunate to be able to play for a lousy $100 or so.  So KUDO's to Asobo for the outstanding job well done so far--keep up the great work, most of us get it--disregard the petty whining from a few who can't see the forest for the trees.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

16 minutes ago, Noel said:

Unbelievable--I'm responding to this general attitude expressed by several not you in particular.  Asobo's doing fine.  We pay a lousy $100 for this program, it's incredible already, and they have been exceedingly responsive already.  Perfect?  Of course not this is a gargantuan project that will take time to mature.   Free pass?  What?  What a load of complete garbage! 

Meanwhile, I think back to when I bought ORBX England.  It was maybe $40 or something I forget.  So this morning I decided to depart from Cherbourg FR to Bristol England.  Haven't been anywhere near this flight plan so far, but a few years ago I stayed in Cherbourg very ill and made it to Bath England then had to fly home due to illness.  But yes, incredibly cool little airport in Cherbourg, just lovely.  Then off we go over the Channel and it was just nothing short of spectacular w/ robust white caps.  Then arriving onshore England and this was far superior to the stuff from ORBX and this basically exists, already, over a big chunk of the planet.  So, 'give them a pass'?  What a load of genuine unappreciative drivel!  We're all exceedingly fortunate to be able to play for a lousy $100 or so.  So KUDO's to Asobo for the outstanding job well done so far--keep up the great work, most of us get it--disregard the petty whining from a few who can't see the forest for the trees.

May  be a lousy 100 for you. Last time i checked i worked for my money and my investment in preparation for this sim was well past that. So if your ok with mediocrity in the way they push out patches that break stuff thats fine for you. Some of us will rightly call them out when it is appropriate as seen by the controller ctd fiasco as recent as 3 to 4 days ago.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders