Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3.2 (1.10.7.0 compatible)

We have updated the G1000 for compatibility with today's Update 5 (version 1.10.7.0).  This is just a compatibility release -- the features are the same as in v0.3.1.  We're still working on a much more extensive UI overhaul, and on flight plan management improvements, but they will come in a future major release.  Since the last thread was getting a little long in the tooth, here's a recap of the main features of 0.3.0:

Track-up mode

Everyone's long-awaited favorite, the track-up map mode, has arrived.  For simplicity's sake we have not implemented the full drill-down into the configuration menu that you normally need to make to toggle map orientation.  Instead, just hit the MAP soft key on the MFD and you'll find a toggle for it next up to the NEXRAD button.

Better brightness control

The previous version of the mod offered software brightness control but ran into some issues with planes which had hardware knobs for controlling avionics brightness.  Those required, in some cases, modifying the plane's `panel.xml`, which was both annoying and posed problems for the premium and third-party planes.

That is no longer an issue.  This version of the mod has new logic to read the configuration of the plane's interior model and use that to automatically determine which knob to listen to for control of avionics brightness.  Since this is done within the sim itself it works even with encrypted planes.

Autopilot fixes!

This version fixes what was perhaps the single most loathed behavior of the stock MSFS G1000:  its tendency to flip an unwanted U-turn back to the previous waypoint when activating an approach.  By careful application of our patented Unsuckotron(tm) we have managed to fix that.  You should no longer find yourself doing a Crazy Ivan when you activate an approach.  We also fixed a bug in which reversed the NOSE UP/DN buttons worked in FLC mode; they'll now behave as a sensible person would expect.

Persistent settings

We had a breakthrough during the development of this version when @tavip on github sent us a PR which demonstrated how to use a new in-sim data store that we had not yet had time to play with.  By using this we have been able to finally answer peoples' wish for a way to save their G1000 settings.  With this version numerous settings, including map orientation and brightness, will be saved between sessions.  No more changing the same thing every time you load a plane.   Amazing.

Extensible engine pages

We have enhanced the logic that drives the engine pages on the left side of the MFD.   No longer are you stuck with one simple page that is the same across all planes.  Now each plane is able to define its own set of pages and use an expanded selection of XML logic to enable it to better model real-world systems.  On top of that, we have taken the same functionality we added to allow us to detect hardware avionics knobs and applied it to loading these configurations from a standalone XML file.  This means it will be extremely simple to add custom panels to any plane without having to touch stock files -- even the commercial ones.

Graphical updates

Our UI experts have put a lot of effort into redoing a large chunk of the interface to bring it closer to reality.  You will find colors that are much more authentic along with adjustments to fonts and layout in a number of places that make your G1000 feel a little bit more like a real one.

Since some folks have gotten confused about what to download in the past, here's a direct link to the correct zip file.  As always, extract the 'workingtitle-g1000' directory from the zip file into your community folder.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.2/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.2.zip

Thanks, and let us know if you run into any problems.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Amazing! How do you guys manage to fix these things so quickly? 🙂

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

How do you guys manage to fix these things so quickly? 

This was a fairly small change for us, and we now have 3 folks primarily working on the Garmin systems now, not just me.  It's the ol' "many hands make light work" thing.

(Update days are still frantic and stressful though, not gonna change that 😄 ) 

• Like 3

Any chance one day we will get WAAS approaches annunciations?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm getting this

You want Mr. Barnard, in room 12.

I mean, er.   That's the G3000.   You need to grab the update for it, too, here:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Any chance one day we will get WAAS approaches annunciations?

There's always a chance. 🙂

Right now RNAV approaches aren't fully simulated in the sim as it is.   Once we have some enhancements on the VNAV components and do a bit of work on the flight plan management, then we should definitely be able to add an indication as to the type of approach.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kaosfere said:

There's always a chance. 🙂

Right now RNAV approaches aren't fully simulated in the sim as it is.   Once we have some enhancements on the VNAV components and do a bit of work on the flight plan management, then we should definitely be able to add an indication as to the type of approach.

Have the devs shown any interest in working on RNAV VNAV capability? I would hate to have to wait until addon devs develop a custom coded avionics suite just to fly some WAAS approaches. This sim is a great foundation to build upon but it still needs a lot of work along the IFR side of things. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

13 hours ago, kaosfere said:

You want Mr. Barnard, in room 12.

I mean, er.   That's the G3000.   You need to grab the update for it, too, here:

Isn't Mr Barnard a little too conciliatory? Or did you tell me once.

G1000 mod working superbly with new update. Thank you very much.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Have the devs shown any interest in working on RNAV VNAV capability?

Not explicitly, no.  I'm sure it's on the agenda at some point.   But so are a lot of other things. 😐

Hi,

Just performed the "mini" update from Microsoft to MSFS  2020 ( January 8, 2021), and now the Working Title G1000 PFD and MFD brightness levels default to 0 when loading the C172 and G36.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Bill

13 minutes ago, mastb said:

Hi,

Just performed the "mini" update from Microsoft to MSFS  2020 ( January 8, 2021), and now the Working Title G1000 PFD and MFD brightness levels default to 0 when loading the C172 and G36.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Bill

what version of the WT mod are you using? The latest is 0.34

Kaosfere, FYI, I just flew from KPSP to KSBA and had entered the VOR 25 approach before takeoff. Enroute, (MSFS ATC) instructed me to use the ILS 7 approach. When I changed the procedure to ILS 7 with the GOLET transition in the G1000, the flight plan page essentially changed to blank. It had USR and Rwy 7 at the bottom with a big blank space between them. Even though the route disappeared (no magenta lines on the MFD), it flew the approach properly.