Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

NIght lighting is fatal- Asobo please read

there is no doubt that the night lighting is much worse than it was before … it looks more XPLANE now !!! Where the colors are???, everything is two-tone!!!, cities look lifeless … and those empty spaces where there was lighting before…
Let me say briefly, PLEASE FIX THE NIGHT LIGHTING, IT LOST ALL ITS UNIQUE CHARM !!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I am still puzzled, why people are complaining about the night lighting, I think is better than before, they just increased the intensity of it. I do agree it may need some tweaking but frankly, I don't think it is bad comparing to that ugly sepia mask. 

• Like 18

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

The night lighting does look better, but still not perfect yet. I agree that it does look a lot more like X-Plane. I believe they need to tone down the lights, especially the highway lights. Because they stand out way too much. X-Plane's night lighting is extremely ugly and reminds me of a Pacman board. At least in MSFS it doesn't look as bad. But there's still some work and adjustments that need to be done to get the night lighting just right. It's slowly getting there. Just whatever they do, please do not bring back those ugly night lit sepia-toned textures. That looks absolutely terrible, especially when flying at high altitudes.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

The night lighting does look better, but still not perfect yet. I agree that it does look a lot more like X-Plane. I believe they need to tone down the lights, especially the highway lights. Because they stand out way too much. X-Plane's night lighting is extremely ugly and reminds me of a Pacman board. At least in MSFS it doesn't look as bad. But there's still some work and adjustments that need to be done to get the night lighting just right. It's slowly getting there. Just whatever they do, please do not bring back those ugly night lit sepia-toned textures. That looks absolutely terrible, especially when flying at high altitudes.

Yeah if anything its the motorways lit up like an indy track, i do enjoy the improvement regardless.

• Like 3

I think he's joking...I think. The reverse video text is a clue..isn't it?

• Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

7 for 1 against.. night lightings way better.  maybe the issue for you is hardware related.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

32 minutes ago, janda said:

there is no doubt that the night lighting is much worse than it was before … it looks more XPLANE now !!! Where the colors are???, everything is two-tone!!!, cities look lifeless … and those empty spaces where there was lighting before…
Let me say briefly, PLEASE FIX THE NIGHT LIGHTING, IT LOST ALL ITS UNIQUE CHARM !!!

I agree, it's too strong now and looks like FSX lighting. It was much better.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have to agree, the night lighting was wow in the first few alphas. Then it went bad. Now it seems they got rid of that ugly terrain glow, increased the intensity yet removed variation... also too many patches of nothing. Like mentioned it’s lost it’s unique look... my jaw dropped in the first alpha I got into... now it’s actually nothing special.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Really wish I can see what the night lighting looks like in the alpha builds so I can do some comparison.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Now it's all black, they ruined it.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

7 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I have to agree, the night lighting was wow in the first few alphas. Then it went bad. Now it seems they got rid of that ugly terrain glow, increased the intensity yet removed variation... also too many patches of nothing. Like mentioned it’s lost it’s unique look... my jaw dropped in the first alpha I got into... now it’s actually nothing special.

Would have loved to see the alpha version - can only go by what I've seen as I was not on beta team - they need to work on that  🙂 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

15 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Would have loved to see the alpha version - can only go by what I've seen as I was not on beta team - they need to work on that  🙂 

I think there was a guy who done some comparison shots on the MSFS forums, go check it out, from what I recall its one of the terrain light emission posts. 

• Like 1