Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

NIght lighting is fatal- Asobo please read

I also think it looked great in the first versions. The "glowing terrain textures" were actually contributing to it. But some people complained so they were removed. And people complained some more and Asobo made more changes.

Users' opinion should not be more important than the professional artists' and graphic designers behind the product.

That's what we get when users' feedback is king. Rubbish.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So after so many pages of discussion, did you conclude in what way night lighting is FATAL? 

My summary is: Asobo/Microsoft can't satisfy everyone 😄

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

People don't realise that nights are NOT PITCH BLACK, especially in open fields, try to get out sometimes, and see how the world looks!

Nights are pretty darn dark. With no moon or some artificial light you can't see anything. 

I suggest you read about the crash report of American Airlines in Peru and few other crashes reports of controlled flight into terrain at night. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

My summary is: Asobo/Microsoft can't satisfy everyone 😄

And they shouldn't. That's why there are professionals involved inthe product development.

5 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

"Asobo please read"..... Lol

I think asobo is staying as far as they can from Avsim 😄

Nah, is worse in the official forums, after every update in the official forums you find things like: Shame on you Asobo, I ask for refund, you Asobo destroyed the sim.. etc .. lol. Kind of funny to read to be honest 😄 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

The sepia mask looked horrendous at high altitude, the low level lighting was good. Therefore they should increase light rendering distance with altitude not just change a hard coded variable and say "we've fixed it". Come on, a bit more intelligence is needed here instead of reading down the feedback wish list, picking off the low hanging fruit then calling it done.

Edited by viz
  • Like 2

Bernard

12 minutes ago, viz said:

The sepia mask looked horrendous at high altitude, the low level lighting was good. Therefore they should increase light rendering distance with altitude not just change a hard coded variable and say "we've fixed it". Come on, a bit more intelligence is needed here instead of reading down the feedback wish list, picking off the low hanging fruit then calling it done.

At some areas the sepia mask looked horrible from as low as 1000ft... 

• Like 2

Roi Ben

6 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

At some areas the sepia mask looked horrible from as low as 1000ft... 

Yes that is very true, I should've said the sepia mask looked horrendous practically everywhere but particularly bad at attitude.

Edited by viz
  • Like 1

Bernard

Herewith before the update and after the update screenshots of the same scene in Cape Town at night. The before the update night lighting was definitely more subtle in residential areas which is now overpowered by many white lights which in my view detracts from the overall immersive feeling in the sim. The after update night lighting almost gives the impression of a Christmas tree with all its white lights and no soft lights from houses and smaller buildings in the residential areas.

BEFORE

123221112_10158705122203749_747240776236

AFTER

123048649_10158705122553749_279919366983

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riaan77077 said:

Herewith before the update and after the update screenshots of the same scene in Cape Town at night. The before the update night lighting was definitely more subtle in residential areas which is now overpowered by many white lights which in my view detracts from the overall immersive feeling in the sim. The after update night lighting almost gives the impression of a Christmas tree with all its white lights and no soft lights from houses and smaller buildings in the residential areas.

But that after picture is just how it looks irl.

• Like 1

imyj2f-5.png

30 minutes ago, andrecarli737 said:

But that after picture is just how it looks irl.

Heres a view of the real cape town at night...  I agree the new picture is much closer to reality but still somewhat dim by comparison...  maybe needs a bit more lighting yet 🙂.

capetown.jpg.c960ca4a9686b859878248a98129f946.jpg

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

12 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

I agree the new picture is much closer to reality but still somewhat dim by comparison...  maybe needs a bit more lighting yet 🙂

Lovely picture by the way 👍 but we don't know if it was over-exposed to get the light level. 
For me, I think we just need to let the dust settle for a few days and see what we think then. 
The previous lighting was easier on the eye, but it does look a bit dim now in the comparison shots.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Nights are pretty darn dark. With no moon or some artificial light you can't see anything. 

I suggest you read about the crash report of American Airlines in Peru and few other crashes reports of controlled flight into terrain at night. 

I suggest you to get out at night and see for yourself.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Lovely picture by the way 👍 but we don't know if it was over-exposed to get the light level. 
For me, I think we just need to let the dust settle for a few days and see what we think then. 
The previous lighting was easier on the eye, but it does look a bit dim now in the comparison shots.

Agree, and also that's one very "polished" photograph and it would have been through LR and PS, it's more than likely looks nothing like the RAW file, so really its a hard to compare  with a MSFS screenshot.

I personally like the new lighting but then....and I do get out at night^^ Dear me! this topic....^^

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip