Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

How do I update

I cant update

I click MSFS start either from store or desktop icon. Software does its usual, checks for updates and continues to welcome page. It does not tell me or give any option to update.

I go to content manager and it shows 'core' content greyed out though it says 'relaunch the game to update'.

everything else says up to date.

what is unusual to me is, when I go to MS store I don't see MSFS there I have to do a search and then it shows up telling me that I own the game and show an option to 'play' the game. Clicking play results in the scenario I shared above.

If I search for updates in Windows store it shows all my Microsoft products except MSFS. It only shows when I do a search for it.

I have signed out of the store. rebooted the system and signed back into MS store, same results.

Ps. I removed all content of my community folder before launching MSFS. This is how I have always done MSFS updates.

This is the first time I am having any problems updating MSFS and never had a problem installing or running the software before

Edited by Romeo_Tango
add information

Robin

go to ms store / library/ get updates   is how i do it it will install a small update then start the game it will update the rest

6 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I cant update

I click MSFS start either from store or desktop icon. Software does its usual, checks for updates and continues to welcome page. It does not tell me or give any option to update.

I go to content manager and it shows 'core' content greyed out though it says 'relaunch the game to update'.

everything else says up to date.

what is unusual to me is, when I go to MS store I don't see MSFS there I have to do a search and then it shows up telling me that I own the game and show an option to 'play' the game. Clicking play results in the scenario I shared above.

If I search for updates in Windows store it shows all my Microsoft products except MSFS. It only shows when I do a search for it.

I have signed out of the store. rebooted the system and signed back into MS store, same results.

Ps. I removed all content of my community folder before launching MSFS. This is how I have always done MSFS updates.

This is the first time I am having any problems updating MSFS and never had a problem installing or running the software before

Maybe the update was pulled since it's caused major issues. Consider yourself fortunate that you can't update yet.

Edited by Little Jenny

1 minute ago, AmeliaCat said:

I am sorry not livbray  ,, but download and updates,,, and press get updates

thanks for trying to help. I guess you didn't understand. 

I did that. MSFS does not show up.....till I search for it. and then it only gives me the option to 'play' the simulator and the rest is as I stated.

Robin

Has there been a statement saying 

4 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Maybe the update was pulled since it's caused major issues. Consider yourself fortunate that you can't update yet.

Is there a statement from Microsoft / Asobo to this effect. If so please share.

Robin

2 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

it doesnt show up on my downloads and updates page either untill i press get updates.

At least it shows up.

Robin

5 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Has there been a statement saying 

Is there a statement from Microsoft / Asobo to this effect. If so please share.

There is a mention of Asobo's acknowledgement of the issue in the main update thread.  

•  
6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I've seen moving ones since launch.

Restart your computer.

Ha!  I'm not new to Microsoft products, I restarted about 20 times, including reboot, shutdown/restart, power button, unplug etc. and that did nothing for the ms store problem. 

In another thread someone suggested running "wsreset" on command prompt to clear the ms store cache.   That worked and update is installing now.

Edited 2 minutes ago by N7470
Manny reacted to this
  •  

20 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

try that wsreset whatever that is,,, i think u run it in cmd

Tried that no go.

Robin

Resolved by hotfix.

Before Hot fix I could not even find my MSFS in windows store without doing a search and then I only had option to 'play' the game and it never stopped to download anything....straight to welcome screen. 

Today I still had to search for MSFS, but it stopped to update in the MS store and now its downloading the actual update. 

keeping fingers crossed that I don't have anymore show stoppers.

Thanks AmeliaCat, and others who tried to help.

The flight sim community is awesome.

• Like 1

Robin