Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Clamp size

Would someone please post the size of the clamp, ie from the underside of the top of the clamp to the top of the bottom part of the clamp. I need to know if it will fit on my desk. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by johnbla

I asked this recently

On 10/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, jon b said:

It looks like the inside measurement of the C clamp is 7.5 cm and the screw length is 11 cm, that’s with the resolution of my measuring ability, it maybe a millimetre or so either side.

I'm sure Chris @tutmeister will be able to give you more precise measurements if you need them.🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Sorry to resurrect a thread but its a sticking point for me too, my desk has a support bar underneath and its a right pain for mounting anything with clamps.

Ideally to clear the bar I need 50mm clearance from the front to the leading edge of the clamp as it screws in underneath. If it has to clamp to the bar I need that 45mm you mentioned above plus probably some 3d printed spacers.

Out of focus canera shot gives you an idea as I have spaced out my Monster Tech clam to fit.

3-Sp-D8-UYURyq-Jy-QUeex-B2g.jpg

You'll want the clamp to either clear the bar or clamp the bar fully. If it doesn't, the easiest solution is to attach a piece of wood next to the bar.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Yep, which is why I need the measurements and look into any workarounds I need to consider before pre ordering, although I am tempted to build a new desk from  8020.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to place a dead weight on top of the end of the yoke to prevent it rising when you are pulling back on the stick? I cannot fit clamps to my desk due to a pullout keyboard tray.

I currently have a dead weight on my CH yoke and it works OK as long as I go easy on it.

Thanks in advance.

@Mark2703 I will put up a dimension drawing of the clamp tomorrow.

@johnbla I seriously doubt that this would work as the forces are much higher and the movement much longer than a ch. In fact I really cannot recommend you do that as there is potential to pull the yoke off the desk and hurt yourself or break something. What weight are you currently using?

If you don't want to lose the keyboard tray then there is a more extreme option that would work. Use the included drill template to drill the desk and bolt the yoke down. The tray and keyboard will still work and the yoke will be very secure. Down side is that you won't be able to move it easily and if you do then you will have 4 8mm holes in your desk.

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

I seriously doubt that this would work as the forces are much higher and the movement much longer than a ch. In fact I really cannot recommend you do that as there is potential to pull the yoke off the desk and hurt yourself or break something. What weight are you currently using?

Thanks Chris. I am currently using an old BBQ burner wrapped up. It does the job. I am afraid the drill holes is not an option.

Edited by johnbla

3 hours ago, johnbla said:

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to place a dead weight on top of the end of the yoke to prevent it rising when you are pulling back on the stick? I cannot fit clamps to my desk due to a pullout keyboard tray.

I currently have a dead weight on my CH yoke and it works OK as long as I go easy on it.

Thanks in advance.

One possible solution would be to screw the yoke to a piece of plywood which is basically the size of the yoke except in the front it has 'arms' that extend far enough out to the sides (past the keyboard tray) so you can apply clamps past the ends of the keyboard. Or for that matter, forget cutting out arms, simply make the plywood base wide enough so you can apply clamps outside the ends of the keyboard tray. Or someting like that.

Al

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, johnbla said:

Thanks Chris. I am currently using an old BBQ burner wrapped up. It does the job. I am afraid the drill holes is not an option.

How much does it weigh approximately?

On 11/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, Mark2703 said:

Yep, which is why I need the measurements and look into any workarounds I need to consider before pre ordering, although I am tempted to build a new desk from  8020.

Clamp drawing is on the website support page now.

https://www.fulcrumsim.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/fulcrum-one-desk-clamp-v1.pdf

On 11/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, ark said:

One possible solution would be to screw the yoke to a piece of plywood which is basically the size of the yoke except in the front it has 'arms' that extend far enough out to the sides (past the keyboard tray) so you can apply clamps past the ends of the keyboard. Or for that matter, forget cutting out arms, simply make the plywood base wide enough so you can apply clamps outside the ends of the keyboard tray. Or someting like that.

Thanks ark. I currently have my CH yoke attached to a piece of ply with a weight at the back. No room I'm afraid for arms as shelves get in the way. I would like to take a photo but it appears you cannot attach jpeg's in this forum.

19 hours ago, tutmeister said:

How much does it weigh approximately?

Chris, just over 2KG.