Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

The latest release is really amazing for me....

I know a lot of people are having issues with the latest release but MSFS just keeps getting better and better for me. A few things stand out so far...

1. The ground detail is really amazing. It feels like I am finally seeing examples of those post-launch videos. The scenery pops.

2. Not seeing nearly as many jaggies as I did before. Things look very realistic. 

3. Performance has improved when ending a flight and going back to the main menu. Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing for the stutters, but it is what it is at this point. Asobo did mention a performance update coming and I think they said 6 to 10 FPS improvement. If that it true I won't need to upgrade anything right now. I am seeing 23 to 35 FPS now, depending on the area.

4. Seeing a lot more traffic in the skies. It really adds to the immersion. 

5. The night lighting has been improved a lot. It just seems more believable and not so over the top. This is subjective, but I like it. 

6. The few planes I have taken out are doing the dolphin dance with the AI flying. Definitely bouncing off runways trying to take off. I will use my Saitek X52 Pro tomorrow, so that should deal with that issue. 

All in all I think this patch is a solid step in the right direction but I think the next 2 patches are going to be really critical. Hopefully the sim-breaking issues settle down soon. I know it sucks to have issues, especially when aholes like me are singling its praise! 

DAPWUNS.png

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 21

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Yeah. Me too. I offer condolences to those with problems. But, I'm liking it.

I especially like the changes made to elevator authority. Much more realistic now. Remember how when sitting on the ramp with the engine running you could move the longitudinal axis up and down by moving the elevator? Well, that's fixed. It has really improved the overall handling. (I don't know if this is true with all aircraft. I've only tested in the 152 and 172.) 

The visuals are better for me too.

Hopefully, they get the CTD stuff sorted soon so our flight sim siblings can fly again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I agree. This is the first update where I feel that we have moved forward, and significantly so. I am very happy, sim is looking better than ever.

My only gripe relates to the update is the poorly implemented metric/hybrid option that has been added. Seems they rushed it and I really hope Asobo will give these more time as outside the USA, the majority of the world uses a hybrid-metric system. FSX and P3D had correctly managed the hybrid system so it has to be possible. I will file a report on this with Zendesk, hope others do to.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I share the OP's message. I tested the sim yesterday with a VFR flight ( C172) in south-eastern Finland and I did remark that too many taller buildings were flat and  small houses ( one-storey) were tall. I feel this was better in the original release.

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

Yeah, me too.  I had a fps dump when I changed a flight from day to night while in the air, but I did a night flight later that was fine.  not having CTD, and I just went in to see if I could duplicate the livery bug some were having, and I couldn't do that either.  Beats me.  🤷‍♂️  I did turn off motion blur like right away, not a fan, but otherwise looks solid here.

I definitely do NOT like the new night lighting! Way too bright and artificial looking in my view. Many seem to agree.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am loving the update. Only flown during daytime so far so cannot comment on night flight. A definite stepup in the graphics. Seem to be seeing more trees when approaching London than before. Also seemed to be smoother as I approached Heathrow. I have PremDeluxe version so Heathrow is enhanced so did cause poor frame rates before but seems better now. I am running on high which is a stretch foe my gpu but I prefer the visuals over the smoothness.

I am over the moon happy with the update ! 15-20% Better framerates, no graphics hit, better controller calibration.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Very happy here.  The new AA was the first thing I noticed.  In a few weeks or less the next update is supposed to contain changes that will improve management of the main thread, which should make folks even happier.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

6 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I agree. This is the first update where I feel that we have moved forward, and significantly so. I am very happy, sim is looking better than ever.

My only gripe relates to the update is the poorly implemented metric/hybrid option that has been added. Seems they rushed it and I really hope Asobo will give these more time as outside the USA, the majority of the world uses a hybrid-metric system. FSX and P3D had correctly managed the hybrid system so it has to be possible. I will file a report on this with Zendesk, hope others do to.

I agree. I only fly light a/c on MSFS at the moment and I can't get a metric QNH in any of them under Hybrid or even Metric setting! Hpa/mb pressure settings is what I really wanted from this update and it doesn't seem to have happened.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I suspect, you guys are not using any Addon Liveries, and keeping your install Asobo Virgin meaning...no mods?

As far as night lighting, Its like that only during infinite visibility, we have to add some atmospheric layers on top. We do not want Asobo to bake in atmospheric to night lighting. Some people just don't get it. 🙂

Ofcourse it doesn't look like that in real life cause, in real world, you do not have infinite visibility. there is always a layer which may have to be added outside of night lighting.

Edited by Manny
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

There was nothing in the release notes about changes to AI traffic? Placebo?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

I suspect, you guys are not using any Addon Liveries, and keeping your install Asobo Virgin meaning...no mods?

In my case, yes no mods, tweaks, liveries, etc.  I only use peripheral devices that MS stated they support from pre-launch.  I have two planes from the Market place, but otherwise just virgin MSFS.

edit:  my flight sim pc is only for flight sim, so there would be no potential for corruption from that point of view either.

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K