Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

The latest release is really amazing for me....

2 hours ago, Manny said:

I suspect, you guys are not using any Addon Liveries, and keeping your install Asobo Virgin meaning...no mods?

I have hundreds of addon liveries, a few city mods, the various aircraft improvement mods, a few payware planes and a dozen or so payware airports.  No issues with the patch yesterday, and I also don't clear my community folder prior to patching.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RobJC said:

I know a lot of people are having issues with the latest release but MSFS just keeps getting better and better for me. A few things stand out so far...

I have not yet read each response in this topic so excuse me if this was already stated.  In topics like this when reporting improvements or the opposite, if your pertinent system specs are not in your message footer then please post at least your CPU and GPU specs, OC, and any pertinent settings you have employed.  Otherwise the value is lost.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Manny said:

I suspect, you guys are not using any Addon Liveries, and keeping your install Asobo Virgin meaning...no mods?

Lots of addon liveries here, but not too many scenery / airport ones. Been trying to keep those to ones purchased through the store with compatibility / stability as the primary reason. 

1 hour ago, Stona said:

noticed 1 of my 6 cores now runs at a pretty constant 100% and my gpu is running at 90% in built up areas.  Pre patch the CPU was up and down between 85-100 and my GPU was pretty constant around 80%

Can't wait for the promised mainthread optimization boost that's promised in the next patch as well. Add in the Nvidia "built-in" overclock tool brought in with the new drivers and I'm a happy camper... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I have not yet read each response in this topic so excuse me if this was already stated.  In topics like this when reporting improvements or the opposite, if your pertinent system specs are not in your message footer then please post at least your CPU and GPU specs, OC, and any pertinent settings you have employed.  Otherwise the value is lost.

My specs were listed. Not going to list all settings for MSFS or NCP. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

45 minutes ago, fppilot said:

What really?

This forum is a million people crying out about how bad everything is, with no one saying a word. But the minute someone says something good they get jumped on?

Typical of this forum.

• Like 1

Just done a bit of pattern-bashing at my local airfield at dusk as the lights were coming on. It was amazing. So smooth, so cool looking. It's back to where it looked when it was new for me.

What's this about the latest Nvidia Drivers having some sort of O/C ability built in?

I've an EVGA 1080Ti factory O/C'd so should I leave that alone anyway?

So what's the common view about add-ons: Do they only slow down the loading process or also the active task when flying?

Hans

I had a spin around Palma in the C172 and was impressed with the smoothness and feel!!

• Like 1

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

40 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

What's this about the latest Nvidia Drivers having some sort of O/C ability built in?

Here you go (but I believe that tab only shows for the 20 and 30 series cards)

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-adds-new-gpu-monitoring-overlay-and-overclocking-features-to-geforce-experience

Latest Dev release of FBW and Mega Pak liveries in community folder - Sim shuts down at the Japan release screen during start of sim.

Clear out community folder - Sim runs fine.

I love what Im seeing, Asobo is definitely listening to consumers, its getting better and better, long road ahead but Asobo is stepping up by putting the pedal to the metal.

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

My test lately is a spin around my local city landing back at my home airport.  Visuals are definitely improved and frames seem higher.  The last patch seemed to introduce some stutters upon approach and landing, and now they are reduced considerably--not removed altogether, but a definite improvement.  

This sim sucks.

EMGQqmQ.jpg

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Very happy with the latest update, despite the breaking of liveries etc. Night lighting is far better imo, and my constant 2-3 times daily CTD@S are gone..... Whoo Hooo.

ps Sorry to any suffering from the ctd's now, nothing worse imo.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,